Do you listen to your records?

matt

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scriptedrain

I'm listening to Bright Eyes right this second, actually, and just got done with Russian Circles too. I couldn't imagining not enjoying them for what they were made for.

- Jeff

I always listen to my records. I like the whole "collecting" aspect, but what good is it if it just sits on a shelf? Why not just buy the jacket and frame it at that point? That said, however, if I get two copies of something, I'll typically only play one (ie. I have a red and black copy of Lifetime's recent record, I only play the black one).

my turntable sucks, I don't have a receiver and I don't have any room for either of them in my small cramped apartment. once I move, the first thing I'm going to buy is a better turntable and a nice receiver. that said, I don't listen to them currently, but I used to, and will again, so I didn't vote.

i usually don't have any more time to. plus my records are downstairs and my record player is upstairs, so it's a hassle running upstairs and downstairs just to change the record. but once i get off my ass and buy a NICE turntable (the one i have is decent, $80 sony turntable), i'm going to move all that shit downstairs with my records.

when i was taking an art class, i would always, always throw on the first Clash record. i just felt more creative with it spinning.

I voted 'no' solely because lately (past year or so) I don't have the time to...between working my job and assisting my parental units with their business, free time is a huge luxury for me. Don't get me wrong though...there have been moments when I have had some downtime and pop a record on the player and just get whisked away to la-la land. But it's not often...=(