Record you won't ever find.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are seriously a hundred j church records, and most aren't worth anything because they put out way..too..much..music.

Which is good for my wallet, because I must have them all (but also, makes it rather hard to track them all down). I think I'm awfully close now.

Think I have 99% of these 7"s, Half and Half is tough to find at any price and there's that split that also has an unreleased elsewhere Beck song that goes for big bucks on eBay. Last one I saw was about £400

there are seriously a hundred j church records, and most aren't worth anything because they put out way..too..much..music.

I don't think they officially cracked 100 releases. but I think when it came out, my first J Church split was the 50th(released) 7" they were on. So they were hovering around 100, probably over if you count the CDs which some had different and/or bonus songs than the vinyl versions didn't, etc...

but yeah...they're a hard band to work on, but it's fun because there's so much to find and so much of it is really, really good.

so, if anyone has anything I don't have(see the J Church Collection tab in my dead format list) and would be willing to trade or sell it, let me know!

I have 49 J Church 7"s. I think (think) I'm either 2 or 3 missing.

I've managed to snag a good amount of J Church records over the years..

before Arbor Vitae came out, I think I had them all (except Half and Half and the We Are Bacteria comp 7"), but then they kinda went stale.

so records of thiers I'll probably never find: some of the live LPs Lance put out and the Cringer live and demo LPs. I'm sure I'll find the rest of the 7"s eventually.

I had three of the live LPs on order and paid for when Lance died - he usually took about a year to get them out. In that order were the Cringer demos and a Cilantro 7". Bummer that he didn't live to see these through. I know the Cringer ones were released, but they NEVER pop up anywhere. Were there two or three demos/live Cringer?? I think I have 4 of those J Church live?

Oh, I know....HE said he was too superstitious....I think he should name it and let us help him find it.

I'm not opposed to some help. It's "Groove is in the Heart" by Deee-lite. Figured it'd be a cool song for the jukebox. Haven't had this much trouble finding a song since Mama Said Knock You Out. Hell, I wouldn't even mind just seeing a picture of the damn thing. The more elusive it is, the more I want it.

a day before you posted this one ended on ebay for $6 and change. It was in the UK though. Your day is near!

I'm not opposed to some help. It's "Groove is in the Heart" by Deee-lite. Figured it'd be a cool song for the jukebox. Haven't had this much trouble finding a song since Mama Said Knock You Out. Hell, I wouldn't even mind just seeing a picture of the damn thing. The more elusive it is, the more I want it.

a day before you posted this one ended on ebay for $6 and change. It was in the UK though. Your day is near!

Not the pressing I'm looking for, though. I watch eBay religiously, of course.

I dont think there is a record i wont be able find eventually. Basically the only thing i think i wont be able to find is 1 last variant to complete my steinways collection, but that doesnt really count since its a variant.

Right now my #1 want is

Propagandhi - Reclaim the Streets (bootleg) 7" - Black Vinyl

I'd like to add another to my original post.

Apparently When Matt Davis(R.I.P.) passed there were tribute 7"s done to raise money for his family. I have heard that Murder By Death did one and I also heard William Elliott Whitmore did one. I have never seen one and it would be the last(known) piece to add to my Whitmore collection.

If anyone has any information, or better yet one they would trade/sell me, please PM me.

The MBD one pops up on Ebay fairly frequently and usually goes for <50$. I've never had the scratch on hand to pick it up when its on the Bay, though.

i had about a dozen of these in my distro at one point... i think i may have an extra one i'd part with

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know about the rest of the thread but I sure as shit don't feel like paying 100+ for a record that isn't some super rare beatles album, etc.

I love Converge, and Jane Doe is THE record I need/want for my collection but the eBay flipper driven secondary market price for it is absolutely fucking stupid.

While that is very true, be thankful that you only spend 100+ for Jane Doe and not 2000+ for Beatles-Butcher Album

$2000?! Shit, If I found it for 2 grand I'd buy it - they sell for more like 10-20K these days.

I dont think there is a record i wont be able find eventually. Basically the only thing i think i wont be able to find is 1 last variant to complete my steinways collection, but that doesnt really count since its a variant.

Right now my #1 want is

Wow, what a surprise.... I randomly found this for 12 bucks last weekend. It pays to be patient. I think the last time one was on ebay, listed correctly, it went for $60-80 but that was over a year ago.

I have wanted this record for like 2 years but have refused to pay the ebay rates since its a bootleg.

EDIT-- FUCK!!! it was way more than i remember:

http://www.popsike.com/Propagandhi-Reclaim-The-Streets-7-ULTRA-RARE-NOFX-lp/250220039303.html

the two copies of The Loved Ones - S/T that are really rare.
the two copies of The Loved Ones - S/T that are really rare.

Which two are the really rare ones? These are the ones I know of

Loved Ones, The - The Loved Ones - Chunksaah - Test Press - #/5 - Black

Loved Ones, The - The Loved Ones - Chunksaah - Friends Press - #/20 - Clear w/ White Cover

Loved Ones, The - The Loved Ones - Chunksaah - 1st Press - #/200 - Green Splatter on Red w/Green Cover

Loved Ones, The - The Loved Ones - Chunksaah - 1st Press - #/800 - Black w/Green Cover

Loved Ones, The - The Loved Ones - Chunksaah - 2nd Press - #/250 - Pink and Black Splatter on Clear w/ Pink Cover

Loved Ones, The - The Loved Ones - Chunksaah - 3rd (Tour) Press - #/250 - White and Orange Splatter on Translucent Blue w/ Blue Cover

Loved Ones, The - The Loved Ones - Chunksaah - 4th Press - #/250 - White and Orange Splatter on Purple w/ Purple Cover

Loved Ones, The - The Loved Ones - Chunksaah - 4th Press - #/250 - White and Purple Splatter on Orange w/ Orange Cover

though the clear blue (no splatter) and the white cover were two different versions, sorry, just 1 rare copy I probably won't ever have.

I'd like to add another to my original post.

Apparently When Matt Davis(R.I.P.) passed there were tribute 7"s done to raise money for his family. I have heard that Murder By Death did one and I also heard William Elliott Whitmore did one. I have never seen one and it would be the last(known) piece to add to my Whitmore collection.

If anyone has any information, or better yet one they would trade/sell me, please PM me.

There isn't a William Elliott Whitmore benefit 7" for Matt Davis. Just the Murder By Death one.

There is however a 5x7" picture disc boxset of William Elliott Whitmore done for an artshow and limited to like 20 copies or less. You won't ever own it, so don't bother adding it to your want list. Will himself only got one copy and gave it to his cousin, I saw it at his house and it is sweet. The music is on a CD that came with a book.

Right now my #1 want is

Wow, what a surprise.... I randomly found this for 12 bucks last weekend. It pays to be patient. I think the last time one was on ebay, listed correctly, it went for $60-80 but that was over a year ago.

I have wanted this record for like 2 years but have refused to pay the ebay rates since its a bootleg.

EDIT-- FUCK!!! it was way more than i remember:

http://www.popsike.com/Propagandhi-Reclaim-The-Streets-7-ULTRA-RARE-NOFX-lp/250220039303.html

That makes me want to sell my copy of the Propagandhi 7". Of course, the seller's description is very wrong. It is indeed a bootleg and not an offical one and there are more than 50. I mailordered it from some overseas distro carrying a lot of bootlegs like 10-12 years ago.

My personal wants-i'll-never-find are:

daitro - s/t 7"

immortal - s/t 7" (listenable/osmose)

lack "my own private hiroshima" 7"

lack - s/t 7" (self-released)

refused/abhinanda - split 7" (bootleg)

slapstick/tommyrot - split 7"

watain "the essence of black purity" 7"

watain/diabolicum - split 7"

there are a few "i will never be able to afford" wants, but these are the ones i rarely see on ebay, or, never have seen in the case of the lack 7"s

My personal wants-i'll-never-find are:

daitro - s/t 7"

immortal - s/t 7" (listenable/osmose)

lack "my own private hiroshima" 7"

lack - s/t 7" (self-released)

refused/abhinanda - split 7" (bootleg)

slapstick/tommyrot - split 7"

watain "the essence of black purity" 7"

watain/diabolicum - split 7"

there are a few "i will never be able to afford" wants, but these are the ones i rarely see on ebay, or, never have seen in the case of the lack 7"s

I've looking for that Refused/Abhinanda Split 7" for a long long time. Same thing with the first Refused LP (This Just Might Be The Truth)

$2000?! Shit, If I found it for 2 grand I'd buy it - they sell for more like 10-20K these days.

Depends what you're looking for. My sister has 2 in her shop and I beleive she has them at $800. one is 2nd state and one is 3rd state.

But yes, a 1st state stereo copy in mint condition can easily fetch 10k+

Depends what you're looking for. My sister has 2 in her shop and I beleive she has them at $800. one is 2nd state and one is 3rd state.

But yes, a 1st state stereo copy in mint condition can easily fetch 10k+

There was an article in Goldmine magazine a few months back about how collector hype makes this record worth a lot more than it should be - there are literally thousands of butcher covers in existence...

• 3 months later...

Argyle Park - Misguided test pressing, limited to 3. I've seen this on eBay twice, once for about $1,000, the other time for $450. I actually stocked the guy who got it for $450 and he said that if he were ever to give it up, he'd offer it to me, but that's a big if...

Blindside - Selftitled glow in the dark pressing. NEVER seen it.