Record you won't ever find.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

75% of posts in this thread are records that you can find but don't feel like buying.

i don't know about the rest of the thread but I sure as shit don't feel like paying 100+ for a record that isn't some super rare beatles album, etc.

I love Converge, and Jane Doe is THE record I need/want for my collection but the eBay flipper driven secondary market price for it is absolutely fucking stupid.

While that is very true, be thankful that you only spend 100+ for Jane Doe and not 2000+ for Beatles-Butcher Album

there are seriously a hundred j church records, and most aren't worth anything because they put out way..too..much..music.

I don't think they officially cracked 100 releases. but I think when it came out, my first J Church split was the 50th(released) 7" they were on. So they were hovering around 100, probably over if you count the CDs which some had different and/or bonus songs than the vinyl versions didn't, etc...

but yeah...they're a hard band to work on, but it's fun because there's so much to find and so much of it is really, really good.

so, if anyone has anything I don't have(see the J Church Collection tab in my dead format list) and would be willing to trade or sell it, let me know!

there are seriously a hundred j church records, and most aren't worth anything because they put out way..too..much..music.

I don't think they officially cracked 100 releases. but I think when it came out, my first J Church split was the 50th(released) 7" they were on. So they were hovering around 100, probably over if you count the CDs which some had different and/or bonus songs than the vinyl versions didn't, etc...

but yeah...they're a hard band to work on, but it's fun because there's so much to find and so much of it is really, really good.

so, if anyone has anything I don't have(see the J Church Collection tab in my dead format list) and would be willing to trade or sell it, let me know!

http://limitedpressing.com/auctions/1772

against me - crime (diecut cover)

against me - RaR the variants limited to /1 and /2

AJJ/808 split

nofx - ox fanzine 7"

the first explosions in the sky 12"

spiritualized - ladies and gentlemen

counting crows - august and everything after

TMBG - everything right is wrong again flexi (i have one, but the cover is a lil beat up)

and a bunch of other 90's alt rock records that seem to only exist as low press imports.

How did you manage to track that and the test press down? I bet they cost a pretty penny.

They were both in a Chunksaah Records charity auction that I won last summer when I had some money.

I knew I just had to go for it because I might never see it again.

Realistically though I don't have a clue what they're worth. Build and Burn tests and variants change hands for a pretty sum but I'm not sure about S/T variants.

I'd like to add another to my original post.

Apparently When Matt Davis(R.I.P.) passed there were tribute 7"s done to raise money for his family. I have heard that Murder By Death did one and I also heard William Elliott Whitmore did one. I have never seen one and it would be the last(known) piece to add to my Whitmore collection.

If anyone has any information, or better yet one they would trade/sell me, please PM me.

I've managed to snag a good amount of J Church records over the years..

before Arbor Vitae came out, I think I had them all (except Half and Half and the We Are Bacteria comp 7"), but then they kinda went stale.

so records of thiers I'll probably never find: some of the live LPs Lance put out and the Cringer live and demo LPs. I'm sure I'll find the rest of the 7"s eventually.

also, the Torches to Rome lp on red.

I'd like to add another to my original post.

Apparently When Matt Davis(R.I.P.) passed there were tribute 7"s done to raise money for his family. I have heard that Murder By Death did one and I also heard William Elliott Whitmore did one. I have never seen one and it would be the last(known) piece to add to my Whitmore collection.

If anyone has any information, or better yet one they would trade/sell me, please PM me.

The MBD one pops up on Ebay fairly frequently and usually goes for <50$. I've never had the scratch on hand to pick it up when its on the Bay, though.

How did you manage to track that and the test press down? I bet they cost a pretty penny.

They were both in a Chunksaah Records charity auction that I won last summer when I had some money.

Realistically though I don't have a clue what they're worth. Build and Burn tests and variants change hands for a pretty sum but I'm not sure about S/T variants.

How much did they go for in the auction?

How much did they go for in the auction?

500-600 I believe. The person who bought them used the buy it now.