+/- about your day

+ finally officially signed a lease on a House

+/- Moving starts next weekend

+ Nicest house I've ever/will have ever lived in....including the two houses my parents have owned in my lifetime

+ found out my older Cousin (who used to be the top vert skater in the state of Alabama back in the day) lives a street behind our new place

- first months rent and deposit leaves my bank account with $24.93...have a little bit of cash in my wallet currently

+ Alabama plays Tennessee tonight, and it's the second game of the season I get to watch in it's entirety

+ Mono playing the venue I work at tonight

+ Mike Watt just came up behind me, put his arm on my shoulder, introduced himself, called me "Boss Man" and discussed all the different venues he's played in this town with me...

- broke three separate items at work today by accident...one resulting in a dirty little slice to my hand

- missing Fest...

- Magic City Classic is this weekend.....which turns my end of town into a ghetto block party....glad to be moving out of this shit next week

- missed Neil Young & Crazy Horse (with the Alabama Shakes opening) last night because I couldn't afford a fucking ticket

- missed The Riverboat Gamblers last night because it was barely too far away for a work night....

+ Mike Watt just came up behind me, put his arm on my shoulder, introduced himself, called me "Boss Man" and discussed all the different venues he's played in this town with me...

Between this and hanging out with Godspeed, I envy you.

I didn't want to start a new thread but had a few notes checking in. It's all appreciated. I feel odd typing this but it's calming and easier than individual messages as I'm about to take a couple days away.

My Aunt committed suicide yesterday. I can't express to you the pain in my gut. I spent last night with my Grandmother and Mom, it isn't a scene I wish upon anyone. My Aunt was sick, bipolar, and alienated the family by her stealing, harsh words and unwillingness to accept help. It's very complicated. Long after she'd pushed everyone else aside my Father and I were the only ones left trying to get her in off the street, get her proper medical care and reconnecting with the family. We had gone as far as deciding to each commit 500 a month for a year to rent her an apartment if she'd allow us to help in her medical care. Nothing worked. It's an odd place to be a 35 year old trying to bridge the gap with a 55 year old relative while your family is literally crumbling around you over the circumstances. After months of attempts and dealing with the honestly insane nature of everything I had to give up. My life was sinking in my efforts to save someone I cared deeply about and that fully defeated the purpose.

I was sick yesterday and heading home from work early when I got the news. Crying in a train station is not a comfortable thing. Getting notes from dudes on here literally 15 minutes later about doing me small kindnesses honestly made me feel good. I know, it sounds a bit silly but people being decent with one another goes a really long way.

I'm off to help my Grandma now, she's dying over this. We are all now faced with a new normal in our lives but I sit at peace that I never tried to help someone more than my Aunt. When her sister and brother and friends and my siblings and cousins all threw their hands up I pushed on for months and almost did it at one point in June when she entered a Hospital only to block anyone from speaking to her doctors. Even being able to say I did all I could this is a nightmare come true.

Hug the ones you love and do your best by them. I don't wish these days on anyone, I know I'm not alone in dealing with these things, but the comfort that I have that others don't in knowing my efforts made all those long days and nights worthwhile even though the end is a horror.

I am really sorry to hear that, Dave. I offer my condolences. One of my best friends committed suicide last June and it has fucked with me since. I wish you guys the best.

• 2 weeks later...

- sick

+ went to Converge/Torche/Kavelertak anyways

+ Andrew Seward of Against Me! was there

- got thrown out for stage diving.......no signs posted, no announcements made....fuck this place

edit:

+ pleaded my way back in after about 10 minutes of talking to 3 different employees.....had to stay at the back of the room (which I later disobeyed as "Broken Vow" started up)

-been sick all week

-wisdom tooth is destroying my mouth. it's breaking through, and as a result i can't stop biting my cheek. so i need to keep a cotton ball in there.

+second interview tomorrow. i really want this job. really really really really want it. and i'm confident that i'm qualified. and that i just may be the right choice for the position. i don't remember that happening before.

+I GOT THE JOB

danielbryanyes.gif

+this means moving back out of my parents, and in with one of my best friends.

+this means combining our record collections, and ballin' outrageous on the turntables.

+this means being walking distance from downtown northampton... which means walking distance from food, bars, and bitches.

+okay, but it really means i am going to be working in a great environment, a beautiful office, and in a position that will actually further my career. this might be one of the most significant moments of my life.

+time to go pop bottles bitchessssss

- My grandpa fell down and broke his hip yesterday

- he has a pacemaker and his blood is too thin to operate, so he has to just lay there with a broken hip until the blood gets thick enough to operate

- Had to call the rapid response team last night because they thought he was having a stroke too

+ the CAT scan came back and he did not have a stroke

• 1 month later...

+ sexed the wife up wicked good.  while it could have happened sooner, it was also 20 days post snipping my berries, i think she feared it would never happen again.

- i have to drive 2 hours to the in laws in Alabama tomorrow, get crappy gifts, eat crappy food, drive back 2 hours.

+ tomorrow night is Doctor Who Christmas

overall it isn't bad.  i was told most people recover faster than I did.  i think the nurse pissed off my doctor and threw him off his game, so the actual procedure might have been more painful than normal.  in short he wanted to do the pre op work and the nurse did it instead.  in the end i have two kids and don't want more, so it makes me very happy to know that more kids is off the table.

i'll be more than happy to get more indepth with info if you'd like via PM, just hit me up.