Who wants to put out Propagandhi's next record?

http://propagandhi.com/2010/03/862/

"Oh, for crying out loud…

…seems we have the midas touch: we need a new record label (again). smallman records is calling it a day and moving on to real lives that don’t involve unstoppable bangers at the top of their game (that’s us, hosehead). so if there’s any labels out there that aren’t total cornholes but still know how put out a record properly, drop us a line. i said properly. we’ll have a new record ready to record by the end of 2010, and judging from the 7 tunes we have going so far, it’s going to leave everything we’ve done in the past in the stinking dust. yes, virginia, even ska sucks.

Posted by Jesus H. Chris on March 18th, 2010 in Band News"

Their turn arounds are getting quicker!

What's the deal with them and Fat?

"The band released 4 records on the American label Fat Wreck Chords until 2005 when its relationship with the label began to sour over its CEO’s highly-publicized campaign to ensure that Democratic Party got a turn to totally rape and plunder the planet in the service of corporate power."

What's the deal with them and Fat?

"The band released 4 records on the American label Fat Wreck Chords until 2005 when its relationship with the label began to sour over its CEO’s highly-publicized campaign to ensure that Democratic Party got a turn to totally rape and plunder the planet in the service of corporate power."

That's the virulent politico reason, but mostly it was because Fat never put any promotional effort into Propagandhi's releases.

way to go propagandhi. that message is absolutely going to convince a decent label to put out your record.

seriously... every message "Jesus H. Chris" posts is even more of a joke than his previous one. My lack of respect for the band (well, mostly the guy) is unfortunately growing exponentially with each of these...

at least their music doesn't get worse, though.

Guest afsdan

mostly it was because Fat never put any promotional effort into Propagandhi's releases.

maybe it's cuz I've had a long day and don't get it, but surely you jest.

mostly it was because Fat never put any promotional effort into Propagandhi's releases.

maybe it's cuz I've had a long day and don't get it, but surely you jest.

When I interviewed Todd, and in many interviews with Chris, they mentioned that Potemkin City Limits got no advertising push. It wasn't really an economical thing, they just felt like Fat Mike didn't give a shit about them, and that was manifested in his not pushing their records.

Epitaph, unless they have beef. Which since it is Propagandhi I'm sure they do.

On the old G7 radio show, He referred to them as "Epilaugh". Haha. But anyway, Fat expressed no interest in putting out "Supporting Caste", which is why they went to Smallman (who did a great job as far as I'm concerned.) How anyone could have any lack of respect for Propagandhi is beyond me. They've always stuck to their guns and been honest. The truth is, even if Chris was being tongue-in-cheek, they are on top of their game right now. They are finally writing and putting out excellent records consistently, as well as getting out and touring. And that's fucking refreshing because they rule. Whatever label they go with better treat these motherfuckers well.

Epitaph, unless they have beef. Which since it is Propagandhi I'm sure they do.

But anyway, Fat expressed no interest in putting out "Supporting Caste"

This isn't totally true. We were all stoked to put out that album. But unfortunately it didn't happen. Personally, I would have been happier than a pig in shit if we put out Supporting Caste. The end of 2010 couldn't come sooner.

ok i just emailed them... heres what i said.

Dear the men of Prop,

You should let me put out your next record... theres some pros and cons... and i will list them... 1) My wife is French Canadian, so that will tie you to your homeland. 2) we have quite a few female fronted bands on my label, which goes along with your pro-womyn status. 3) we really like dogs... in fact we've adopted 5 rescue dogs... and they patrol the house and would keep your records safe from thieves and republicans. 4) we dig your band, and we like putting out vinyl.

and now of course the negatives... we have to be honest and offer full disclosure here.. 1) curling isn't really a fucking sport. 2) i was vegetarian for almost 4 years before a genetic condition forced me back into an omnivore diet... i did get another two dogs from the pound because i felt bad, and one of them was a fighting rescue... you ever almost have your face ripped off by a dog in your sleep? not reccomended. 3) those female fronted bands are all ska bands.. and one of them's british... well she's not british... but the band is and she lives there... so i guess she's british. 4) we're friends with that big dude who works at alternative press,

so anyways.... send over the masters and we'll get to pressing or some shit... maybe use a picture of ronald reagan as the album cover... because they're really isn't enough of that going on these days.

<3 flood

how many copies can i put you guys down for?