anyone want to buy a nice pair of jeans?

it has to do with wearing them in, its a process. i offered here because were all nerds, and nerd out about different things, and while im not the biggest denim head, i figured id offer them up incase anyones intrerested.

Since I now know you're serious, why wouldn't you wash a pair of jeans for 5 months? Wouldn't that help break them in?

the dye gets washed out. the longer you wear them without washing them, the more the fade lines become apparent and there's a greater contrast when you finally do wash them.

jeans are supposed to get destroyed.

i'm glad levi's are only like $30...they're best just before they completely fall apart. awesome.

in short, i would not want to buy a nice pair of jeans.

haha, my dickies are the same way. they lasted me 4 years and the last year i was sold on them, i bought 4 more pairs... they are awesome jeans and only cost like $22. Super fuckin' cheap.

I'm pretty sure the reason you don't wash these jeans (and others, like Nudies) is because over the 6 months, they're supposed to contour to your body, which is why they're so stiff to begin with. He's right, a lot of people do like to buy them pre-broken-in.

I bought a pair of nudies about a month ago, worn them every day since and they're the best jeans i've ever had. Another five months and they'll be ready to wash! Also, i couldn't see the point in spending a good bit of cash on some jeans before i got these, but i probably wouldn't buy cheap again, that quality and fit is worth it.

I'm pretty sure the reason you don't wash these jeans (and others, like Nudies) is because over the 6 months, they're supposed to contour to your body, which is why they're so stiff to begin with. He's right, a lot of people do like to buy them pre-broken-in.

Well wouldn't they be contoured to someone else's body then, defeating the whole purpose?

I buy Lucky Jeans from work when they run crazy sales. Can get a $120 pair for like $30 once it's all said and done.

I bought a pair of Lucky's jeans at a discount store a couple years back, not knowing that they were some kind of top-line jeans. It wasn't until I said something about paying $7 for jeans, and mentioned the name that my friend, who is into all that shit, freaked out that I found a pair that cheap. They were the best jeans I've ever owned, though.

I buy Lucky Jeans from work when they run crazy sales. Can get a $120 pair for like $30 once it's all said and done.

I bought a pair of Lucky's jeans at a discount store a couple years back, not knowing that they were some kind of top-line jeans. It wasn't until I said something about paying $7 for jeans, and mentioned the name that my friend, who is into all that shit, freaked out that I found a pair that cheap. They were the best jeans I've ever owned, though.

Lucky have a cheap pair as well that they sell at certain places I think.

I bought a pair of nudies about a month ago, worn them every day since and they're the best jeans i've ever had. Another five months and they'll be ready to wash! Also, i couldn't see the point in spending a good bit of cash on some jeans before i got these, but i probably wouldn't buy cheap again, that quality and fit is worth it.

How do your jeans not smell fucking terrible if they are worn regularly but not washed?

How do your jeans not smell fucking terrible if they are worn regularly but not washed?

I don't know yet, but my boy leerobert will tell you if he sees this thread, his nudies went at least 6 months without being washed. They come with care instructions and ways to stop the smell i.e fabreeze, hanging them outside or putting them in the freezer for a while. Sounds like an awful lot of trouble to go to for a nice pair of jeans but from what i've seen the results are worth it!