CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

Sweet Jesus, my EVR copy has arrived alas!! It hadn't been seen or heard from since it was shipped last Thursday. I have every reason to be early to work today, since that's where I get my packages. HaHa they love it when I get records in the mail, it's the only time I show up early, not just 'right' on time.

and what would that be, good sir?

I more or less thwarted my own logic a few minutes after I thought I had it figured out. So here's a random assortment of pressing thoughts and theories.

→ I wasn't a part of VC when the ATF LP went up for pre-order: so I ask... did they advertise the 100 shard copies? I know Tre mentioned - a few pages back - that they wanted to avoid that fiasco with the JD repress. Something about it being too much of a race? I'm paraphrasing at this point. Regardless; DW never promoted 4 colors. This could be because;

A.) The inclusion of one of the colors was added at the last second, and the website wasn't updated, or:

B.) They secretly planned to press a rare variant all along, and keep it hush-hush.

→ If neither the white nor red color variants are the "rare" Deathwish pressings, that leaves either the red-yellow (solid) swirl, or the translucent yellow. That's the power of elimination!

→ Going with this theory, is it at all possible that DW decided to press, say, a mere 100 / 200 copies of either yellow or red-yellow, and keep it on the down-low? A lot of collectors and variant whores would probably be upset to find that a select few unknowingly received the rarest of variants, but it would help to somewhat deter flippers, I think. A fairly cool idea in my books.

→ There are 2,000 DW copies, correct? I thought I read that a few pages back. Part of me wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's an even, four-way split across all colors. To keep the "rule of 500" in check with the KR and EVR pressings. I guess it wouldn't be half as fun... since there's no "elite" variant to flip on eBay for hundreds of dollars. But who cares? Just a possibility.

Free to riddle these thoughts with loopholes or a Wrong Answer pic. They're merely speculation on my end.

*edit*

Took me too long to type. Damn. Glad this is finally resolved, at least.

and what would that be, good sir?

I more or less thwarted my own logic a few minutes after I thought I had it figured out. So here's a random assortment of pressing thoughts and theories.

→ I wasn't a part of VC when the ATF LP went up for pre-order: so I ask... did they advertise the 100 shard copies? I know Tre mentioned - a few pages back - that they wanted to avoid that fiasco with the JD repress. Something about it being too much of a race? I'm paraphrasing at this point. Regardless; DW never promoted 4 colors. This could be because;

A.) The inclusion of one of the colors was added at the last second, and the website wasn't updated, or:

B.) They secretly planned to press a rare variant all along, and keep it hush-hush.

→ If neither the white nor red color variants are the "rare" Deathwish pressings, that leaves either the red-yellow (solid) swirl, or the translucent yellow. That's the power of elimination!

→ Going with this theory, is it at all possible that DW decided to press, say, a mere 100 / 200 copies of either yellow or red-yellow, and keep it on the down-low? A lot of collectors and variant whores would probably be upset to find that a select few unknowingly received the rarest of variants, but it would help to somewhat deter flippers, I think. A fairly cool idea in my books.

→ There are 2,000 DW copies, correct? I thought I read that a few pages back. Part of me wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's an even, four-way split across all colors. To keep the "rule of 500" in check with the KR and EVR pressings. I guess it wouldn't be half as fun... since there's no "elite" variant to flip on eBay for hundreds of dollars. But who cares? Just a possibility.

Free to riddle these thoughts with loopholes or a Wrong Answer pic. They're merely speculation on my end.

*edit*

Took me too long to type. Damn. Glad this is finally resolved, at least.

I think I posted it somewhere before, but advertising that we have an UBER RARE color that literally (actually literally, like, for real) will be sold out in 1 to 2 minutes is just asking for trouble.

It's a bonus. If you are lucky enough to get it, then you rule. If you don't, then it just means that you are among the other 99%

The vinyl collecting world is complex, and angry. And we don't want to poke the bear with a stick. But we do feel that, hey, these are our records, and dammit, we want to do something cool. We press 150. We keep 50 here for friends, the band takes 50, and 50 go in mailorder.

So there. It IS a different "color" - trust me, I had to pay for it. It's not a transition, it's intentional.

Wait wait wait. 6 COLORS?!?!??

this got me too... originally deathwish only had three colors available, now there is four. hopefully that added one is the white and should be easy to get ahold of.

No. Please read the post that I posted below this post.

EDIT: Technically it is above this post, but below your post.

I think I posted it somewhere before, but advertising that we have an UBER RARE color that literally (actually literally, like, for real) will be sold out in 1 to 2 minutes is just asking for trouble.

It's a bonus. If you are lucky enough to get it, then you rule. If you don't, then it just means that you are among the other 99%

The vinyl collecting world is complex, and angry. And we don't want to poke the bear with a stick. But we do feel that, hey, these are our records, and dammit, we want to do something cool. We press 150. We keep 50 here for friends, the band takes 50, and 50 go in mailorder.

So there. It IS a different "color" - trust me, I had to pay for it. It's not a transition, it's intentional.

I can totally see why you went about the press quantities in such a manner. Thanks for the clarification. And the fact that the red-yellow swirl is realistically limited to 50 - for standard consumers - is even crazier.

no, just dont like it. My friends swear they don't taste it but once you know what it tastes like, and dont like it, you can pick it out in anything.

I feel for you man. I'll admit that I had to google what cilantro was (its coriander) but I can tell it would be frustrating as hell.

First Press

150 - Red / Gold Swirl

440 - Clear Gold

550 - Clear Gold / White Swirl

560 - Clear Green

1305 - Clear Red

2000 - White

thank god for pressing information, now the speculation can stop, and the bitching about 'i ordered 0.8 seconds after they went up because of my auto f5 script but i didnt get the rarest colour' can begin.

I made my order pretty late (30th of may) so I'm expecting white.