CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

Worse than Brand New?

I don't listen to Brand New, so I'm not sure what pre-order you're referring to.

Same here, I just remember seeing/reading posts that were along the lines of "bitch bitch bitch delay...repeat".

On topic: Looking forward to getting this, as I have yet to hear this album since I wanted to wait for the vinyl.

First Press

150 - Red / Gold Swirl

440 - Clear Gold

550 - Clear Gold / White Swirl

560 - Clear Green

1305 - Clear Red

2000 - White

Good luck to those trying to get the /150.... :P

Don’t you mean second pressing?

I just copied and pasted from DW's site, but you are indeed correct. However...

We had to get the lacquers redone because the originals were lost. So they were recut, which technically is a remastering, but not really.

So this is essentially a second first pressing...sotra. ???

Worst pre-order ever.

Elaborate?

Are you serious?

The label sold preorder copies before the mastering was even done. It took over four months for them to ship. The label flat out lied about how many different colors were going to be pressed. The color combinations are pretty ambiguous.

I can't help but think this really was an April Fools joke.

Elaborate?

Are you serious?

The label sold preorder copies before the mastering was even done. It took over four months for them to ship. The label flat out lied about how many different colors were going to be pressed. The color combinations are pretty ambiguous.

To each his own.

But for what it's worth, Tre just got done explaining why "he lied" about the different color combinations, a few posts back. And it makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

As far as delays, and labels launching pre-orders before mastering is complete?

I get the impression you don't pre-order records often.

Are you serious?

To each his own.

But for what it's worth, Tre just got done explaining why "he lied" about the different color combinations, a few posts back. And it makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

They didn't have to lie about the number of colors. They could have just said, "We're not releasing the number or colors, but there will be multiples". End of story. Lying about something like that just leaves a poor taste in my mouth.

I've done plenty of preorders in my day.

To each his own.

They didn't have to lie about the number of colors. They could have just said, "We're not releasing the number or colors, but there will be multiples". End of story. Lying about something like that just leaves a poor taste in my mouth.

mmm i think what tre means is that if they say theres 4 colors and the first color is going to sell out within 1-2 minutes -- theres the potential that a very large number of people are going to order 4 copies expecting 4 different colors that are then going to end up with at least 1 double of a certain color. then everyone would complain about that. its damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. at least thats how i took it anyway.

what would potentially solve that? well, inventory control attached to each color i think would help (ie. something like a drop down menu w/ color 1, color 2, etc.). when one is out of stock then youll know. no reason for me to get into the logistics of "Well, what if they get more or less of a certain color than expected, blah blah." too many variables to mention (ie. which is probably why that wouldnt even completely solve said issue that some people seem to be having with how they choose to do preorders). deathwish aint my business but im assuming they just do it the way they prefer to do it.

im excited (and hopeful) to see what i get but i learned with the you fail me silkscreened covers (which i missed out on completely) that its certainly not the end of the world if i dont get the rarest color or whatever. i pretty much never think about not having that version of that record. that said, ill gladly take the rarest color if im lucky enough to have DW send it my way!

mmm i think what tre means is that if they say theres 4 colors and the first color is going to sell out within 1-2 minutes -- theres the potential that a very large number of people are going to order 4 copies expecting 4 different colors that are then going to end up with at least 1 double of a certain color. then everyone would complain about that. its damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. at least thats how i took it anyway.

what would potentially solve that? well, inventory control attached to each color i think would help (ie. something like a drop down menu w/ color 1, color 2, etc.). when one is out of stock then youll know. no reason for me to get into the logistics of "Well, what if they get more or less of a certain color than expected, blah blah." too many variables to mention (ie. which is probably why that wouldnt even completely solve said issue that some people seem to be having with how they choose to do preorders). deathwish aint my business but im assuming they just do it the way they prefer to do it.

im excited (and hopeful) to see what i get but i learned with the you fail me silkscreened covers (which i missed out on completely) that its certainly not the end of the world if i dont get the rarest color or whatever. i pretty much never think about not having that version of that record. that said, ill gladly take the rarest color if im lucky enough to have DW send it my way!

I totally understand what you're saying, but from a collector's standpoint it says three, so some people ordered three. I understand that there's still no guarantee they'll get three different colors, but now they have three copies of an album and an ultra-rare variant they'll more than likely never obtain. So the $70+ they spent on what was allegedly a complete set is devalued a bit from their perspective.

I totally understand what you're saying, but from a collector's standpoint it says three, so some people ordered three. I understand that there's still no guarantee they'll get three different colors, but now they have three copies of an album and an ultra-rare variant they'll more than likely never obtain. So the $70+ they spent on what was allegedly a complete set is devalued a bit from their perspective.

i see what youre saying as well and youre right -- the completists potentially lose out. im one of those people that ordered 3 plus the EVR color and the KRM color (and i have an og press on top of it). i know ill be missing a color. i was missing 2 colors with axe to fall -- though they were easily obtainable. its kind of a bummer but like i said, i dont believe its the end of the world. itll certainly make my life easier if its the red or white that im missing. if its the red/yellow i wont bother attempting to track one down because i wont spend the $$$ on it.

mcm - id potentially take you up on that. wont know what im actually getting until monday though.

Well this certainly got silly. I would like a copy of the newly revealed 4th color. If anyone wants to trade for another color and not rape me it would do your karma well. I'm sure we could work something out.

I can't wait to sit and listen to this after a hellish day at work.

I have had Axe in regular rotation since I got it. Incredible record. I was going through poster tubes since a few were unmarked and I forgot what they were and I found one with the ATF artwork in it. So pumped on that. I love that my GF let's me hang Jakes stuff in the bedroom. I need to go get that framed.