The Postal Service - Give Up, 3 Different Presses?

when i got my red one it had a sticker that was the height of the one in that pic but went across the entire width of the record. it listed all the songs.

That helps me out a lot!

Going to be watching the eBay auctions for one like that.

I'm guessing the clear and red ones will have that, since they were pressed at the same time.

I just bought black for 15. White would have been cool but whatever

It honestly wouldn't matter what color I got it on, since I really just care about listening to it. But if I had the choice, I'd like to get a 1st or 2nd press one.

I put off buying a copy because of how easy it is to get one, don't mind waiting a little longer if I have to.

Was it well mastered for vinyl?

Such a let down when you get one of your favorite albums and it sounds dull, haha...oh man. All of death cab's stuff was mastered pretty much perfectly, so I'm assuming this one was done well too.

I thought it was first pressing on Red (this was a translucent red)

2nd pressing on White

3rd on Black

Where did clear come in?

I know red was first press because I bought it and thought about selling it when prices shot up between selling out and 2nd press on white.

Red and clear were lumped together in the first press. The difference is that clear was far more limited (I've heard numbers as low as 100), while red was likely at least 900. So yes, red is limited and considered the first press because it was. However, clear were the hardest to get of the first press.

this album is by owl city.

Every time I hear that band on the radio I think, oh shit a new Postal Service song, then I get pissed.

Same with Phoenix. Oh a new Of Montreal song, wait...grrr.

I hate both of those bands cause they just totally ripped off another bands sound, too close, wayyyyy too close.

Every time I hear that band on the radio I think, oh shit a new Postal Service song, then I get pissed.

I hate both of those bands cause they just totally ripped off another bands sound, too close, wayyyyy too close.

I understand the Owl City/Postal Service comparison...but Phoenix and Of Montreal is a serious stretch in my opinion. First of all, Of Montreal has a lot (A LOT) of material and a lot of it is very strange. Not bad, but strange. Phoenix has a more mainstream sound, and their older albums show a progression to their current popular album. But yeah, that comparison doesn't make too much sense to me ???

I understand the Owl City/Postal Service comparison...but Phoenix and Of Montreal is a serious stretch in my opinion. First of all, Of Montreal has a lot (A LOT) of material and a lot of it is very strange. Not bad, but strange. Phoenix has a more mainstream sound, and their older albums show a progression to their current popular album. But yeah, that comparison doesn't make too much sense to me ???

you beat me to it. I don't get the Phoenix/Of Montreal comparison either. they are very different imo

phoenix is way better than of montreal. that statement was dumb.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':xllxjta2]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':xllxjta2]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');