rarest record in your collection?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just order two variants of the Boys Night Out record both of which there are only twelve.

HOW?

It has to do with the fact that I'm amazing.

Actually Matt told me that Justin at Forge Again Records had found two really dark variations of the light grey and light green colors. He might still have a few if you're interested.

off the top of my head?

my 10" pressing of Hot Cross - A New Set of Lungs

pretty sure its out of 100? i'd have to check to be sure though. some others might be more rare, either i dont have the full pressing info or i'm just not remembering

If its on color its 114 I believe is the correct number. If its black I haven't found anything indicating quantity.

http://www.level-plane.com/hotcross/hc-records.html

yeah i actually looked at that. i'm not sure whether they are referring to the original Robodog version, of really if there was even a 2nd 10" pressing. i know ive seen the figure 100 before, just not sure where. and mine is in fact on black. in between the lead out loops, it says; side one: if its going to be that kind of party.......

side two: .... im gonna stick my dick in the hot sauce.

if that would give anyone a clue to the specific pressing.

oh and the insert is shaped like a red cross sign

Chris and David told me they don't even have the red ones -- they were made specifically for band members and very close friends but theirs both wandered off at some point. He actually told me they were /6, not /12.

From memory, I thought the red ones were an accident rather than something that was made on purpose. And I'm sure that the figure of 12 I got from the STD website a few years ago when they had such things on there.

Also, I'm not a band member or a close friend, but I got mine straight from the label when it came out. Dude who owned the label sent it to me because my order fell down the back of his drawer and about two months went by before he found it, so he sent me the red one by way of an apology.

Wow this is interesting... i traded for this a while back from someone on the board. I thought it was limited to 500 for some reason. But i found this.

Morning again - Martyr LP on brown Vinyl

This record shows MORNING AGAIN growing up, developing their own style, later copied by hundreds, but never topped. This was the first record with Kevin Ray Byers (now in Waking Kills The Dream) on vocals. First vinylpress of this record got completely fucked up by the pressing plant, all the records had the same scratches on the exact same places. All but 25 brown vinyl copies of the first press of this record got destroyed. I still have all a few of those.

Does anyone know if there was another brown version of this pressed. I cant recall if mine skips, Ill have to check it out when i get home.

Let me know if you got any info on this. thanks!