BRAND NEW "DEVIL&GOD" 2XLP- TEST PRESSING CONTEST!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least the preorder was back in May and not original time of early Feb.

yeah..november. i have been waiting for this record for almost a year by the time it'll get here, maybe more. shit the whole reason i joined the board was to keep up with this release.

longest. cocktease. ever.

It's funny that this release has spanned over like, 4 or 5 different threads.

I also think that first word of this release was actually like, last December or some shit. Amazing.

We're nearing the one year anniversary of an album that hasn't been released yet! WHOO!

On that note, I actually have a little bit of faith for the release now,

so I hope to see some pictures of the vinyl and shit.

Or will it be a release at all?

I understand that shit happens. The Jane Doe [re]press is evidence of that. Genuine problems that are beyond foresight or control. But how long did the JD fiasco take to sort out? A month or two, tops? On top of that, Jake and/or Tre gave us accurate updates. They didn't bullshit us by saying that "the vinyl will be arriving next week" -- four weeks ago.

The fact we've received nearly 10 months of delays is simply awful, and makes AFS look rather shitty. But like I said; stuff happens. I get that. I also understand that a portion of it was (/is?) out of RJ's hands, with legal issues pertaining to album art or band royalties. But going back to Deathwish as an example, it's obvious that some labels are a little more "prompt" in dealing with setbacks, appropriately. The best part is that we're not even out of the woods, yet. There's no telling what the next unforeseeable delay may be.

I probably wouldn't be half as bothered if RJ didn't update the thread with false information. The record will be released when it's released - I'm well aware - and I also know that no amount of bitching or whining will speed the process up. But I'd rather be pleasantly surprised to see this in my mail, months from now, than to keep being updated with "will be assembling in two weeks" or "should be good to ship by the end of the month!" again and again. It shouldn't bother me; especially after the 12th bogus update. But... whatever. That word alone sums up my thoughts on this whole release.

But... whatever. That word alone sums up my thoughts on this whole release.

Banner

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':fmp22oto]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':fmp22oto]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

I can understand that. It does look bad on AFS and RJ, but he wouldn't give false information on purpose. I believe that whenever he gives us an update, he has a reason to update us. Granted, he definitely could be a little (or a lot) better at getting us updates. If there are problems, he should be prompt in telling us what problems there are.

All I know is that all of his releases are good and I'm not going to let one bad release get to me.

I can understand that. It does look bad on AFS and RJ, but he wouldn't give false information on purpose. I believe that whenever he gives us an update, he has a reason to update us. Granted, he definitely could be a little (or a lot) better at getting us updates. If there are problems, he should be prompt in telling us what problems there are.

All I know is that all of his releases are good and I'm not going to let one bad release get to me.

I agree with all of this.

I thought I heard his other releases haven't been flawless either. Is this true? I haven't ordered anything else from him and I doubt I will until it's actually shipping to people. Not just him either, I'm over pre-orders.

most of his recent releases have been delayed numerous times for one reason or another, some longer than others. mainly all the Blink-182 stuff he licensed and this Brand New album.

Hey guys, I just posted a new blog entry explaining where we're at with this release, along with pictures of the jackets and innersleeves.

http://academyfightsong.com/blog/

I apologize for the lack of updates, I've been trying to wait to post an update until I had more concrete information on the vinyl situation. That being said, UMG e-mailed me this past Friday letting me know all of the vinyl is on the way to us. I will be following up to get an exact arrival date tomorrow morning and will post the date right away.

For those of you who are angered by the many updates I've posted that have turned out not to be accurate -- please understand that I have never posted information that I thought/knew was false. I've been trying to keep everyone as informed as possible with this release, and I can only relay what I've been told by UMG or the pressing plant. I'm not trying to throw anyone or any company under the bus, this is just how it is when dealing with numerous parties and specific production details, especially with vinyl manufacturing.

Over the past 5 years, I've learned a lot (and continue to learn) about what it means and what it takes to run a small business, not to mention a record label. This experience has opened my eyes to certain issues that I need to address and work on fixing for future releases. I promise you that these issues WILL BE fixed, and the situation we've been in with this release WILL NOT happen again, as long as things are under my control.

If you want to talk to me directly about your thoughts or issues with this release, please e-mail me: [email protected]