It's Hurricane Season!!!

No, not the sickeningly sweet alcoholic beverage from Pat O'Brien's... the real deal. 2010 Atlantic Hurricane Season starts today. NOAA predicts an "extremely active" season with upwards of 23 named storms. Lovely.

Our friends at BP better be praying a storm doesn't rip through the Gulf and spread oil from Galveston to Havana. If they're not...they fucking should be.

NOAA predicts an "extremely active" season with upwards of 23 named storms. Lovely.

They said the same thing last year but I think this year it's serious. It has been unseasonably warm the months leading up to now and that can contribute to further warming up of the waters...which lead to storm formation.

NOAA predicts an "extremely active" season with upwards of 23 named storms. Lovely.

They said the same thing last year but I think this year it's serious. It has been unseasonably warm the months leading up to now and that can contribute to further warming up of the waters...which lead to storm formation.

which means Juan will be working a lot of overtime

Fffffffffuuuuuu. I normally don't worry about hurricane season since its par for the course living on the gulf coast, but after all the shit we went through after Ike man...a week without power in dt houston even...I just don't want a repeat. I swear I've still seen those damn blue tarp roofs around the wards.

When I moved out of Alabama (I lived there for 18 months) a hurricane stopped the sale of our home even though we'd already bought a new one. It changed course at the last minute and came ashore right in my town, Fairhope Alabama. Luckily the most damage was just east of the storm (this is common knowledge for anyone who lives in hurricane zones), so our house was find. It was lucky though, because the town was all out of plywood so I had to dismantle part of my garage and use interior doors to board up the windows. Oh, and we spent the next day in the worst traffic jam in West Memphis. It took us twelve hours to get through the city, with my wife 5 months pregnant and our three dogs in one car, and me following her in a 25 ft. moving truck. A totally fucked situation.

By the way, some people are saying the oil on the surface could actually increase the intensity of storms in the Gulf by something like 25 percent. That's shittttttttty.

which means Juan will be working a lot of overtime

I so enjoy those flooded car and tree-fell-on-my car claims. Always fun.