WWDC - New iPhone? Trackpad? iTunes.com?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are receiving/received the iPhone 4 this week...

What are you guys doing about accessories? I'm having a hard time finding a slider case, very similar to inCase's slider case for the 3G and 3GS. Also, I'm looking for a simple screen protector as well.

I'd really prefer not to use the phone without it being protected. Anyone find a decent case yet for the iPhone 4?

i'm holding out for the white, but i'll probably just get one of those bumper things (even though they're like $30...)

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC597ZM/A

i have a 3g now and have had a case on that thing since i first got it. i dropped it once not too long ago, and it cracked the corner of the screen. its like no matter what, you're fucked, so i'm opting not to use a full case this go-around.

Well, if the bumper is the only option, has anyone seen Screen protectors for the back and front for the new iPhone? I'd prefer to keep the back from getting dinged up if possible.

I hate screen protectors. They're not worth it IMO. The iPhone screen won't scratch unless your really try to or by freak accident. The front and the back are the same now, so they should be pretty durable. Looking at mine it seems like the Apple logo is under the glass too, so that should protect that as well.

You really do want to protect the sides though, those are the antennas and are quite important, thus the Bumper I guess.

I hate screen protectors. They're not worth it IMO. The iPhone screen won't scratch unless your really try to or by freak accident. The front and the back are the same now, so they should be pretty durable. Looking at mine it seems like the Apple logo is under the glass too, so that should protect that as well.

You really do want to protect the sides though, those are the antennas and are quite important, thus the Bumper I guess.

The front and back are different glass. I hate screen protectors so much. I've never used one, of any material, that I felt was worth it.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/23/yes-you-can-certainly-scratch-the-iphone-4/

whereas the front is gorilla glass, as is this:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/29/dell-streaks-gorilla-glass-screen-torture-tested-for-your-amus/