i hate to do this but.....VC disappreciation :(

I dont really like to do this stuff. And taking shit talk to a messageboard is not my first go to, and not really my second or third.

But unfortunately, ive seen that many ways its the only way to get a problem noticed, or to keep a problem from being continually ignored. In the face of public reaction, action end up being taken quickly, or at least taken at all.

This story is not at all surprising for a lot of people im sure.

Mostly though at this point i just want a response, and to be done with this, and i know virgil reads the forum.

I placed an order with vinyl collective in early April, as the distro part was winding down and there were some big sales. I knew VC needed money, and i like taking the opportunity to pick up some cheap stuff for the store. So i spent a few hundred bucks, and snagged a lot of stuff.

a week or two went by and i got an email letting me know it was shipped. Thats cool, im patient.

2 weeks went by after i got the email saying it was shipped, and i still hadnt recieved anything. I emailed a friendly email to see if it was indeed shipped, just cause i didnt want it to end up lost. I said i didnt care if it got set aside, i just wanted to know, so i wasnt worried that it just disappeared. Its cool, im patient, i just wanna be kept up to date

a few days later i get a response saying that because it was a bigger package it was indeed set aside, and would get shipped out that week. A little confused as to why bother emailing to say its shipped when its set aside and not done, but no biggie, at least now i know.

I received the package. a handful of the records were on the wrong colors (not the biggest deal, i dont play the color game myself, but on the other hand, if you are going to specify and separate colors, then you are making guarantees you should follow through on). If that were the only issue, i wouldnt have made a complaint. But, that want it. 15 records were missing. Which is a pretty sizable portion of the order. All in all there were 23 errors in the order. Which seems a little more than an oops i forgot a single record in there. So i sent another email. I thanked them for getting me the records, and explained the missing records, etc. I still think it was a very friendly letter, even though i stated i wasnt satisfied.

I offered to ship back the 2 records i recieved that i didnt order, and asked what the best way to work this out, i would like the records still, but would be open to a refund or could look into getting replacement items from the site, etc.

To virgils credit he got back to me the very same day to apologize. He said he was out of town, and someone else did the packaging, and between that and moving things got messed up but he would send a new package in the next couple days.

Its been a month and a week since that email. I waited 2 weeks, and emailed to see if they had been shipped out, or if i could get a refund, and got no response. so i tried again.

I last emailed on Friday, to see if there was any news about it, but i havent so much as heard even a peep in over a month.

Like i said, im a patient person. A couple weeks isnt long to wait. I can wait a month. I just dont like being ignored, and would at least appreciate an email "hey we are super busy and way behind, but havent forgotten"

its been over 2 months since my order was placed. and its been 5 weeks since the last response. 5 weeks with no communication is getting on the "long time" side of things, especially since ive tried emailing multiple times and havent gotten a single response.

Virgil/Vinyl Collective - I would really like to recieve the records ive paid for. Or a refund on the records. OR at the very least a simple response to let me know whats going on.

titus / vinyl junkie.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a similar, to less of an extent, story. i ordered about 10 records last winter during the annual christmas sale. when i got my records one was missing and the sheet said "backordered", which i have no clue what that means, but i haven't received one since. and another record as supposed to be on gold but came on black. didn't and doesn't bother me much, and i've ordered since with no problems.

I too am still waiting on my order that I placed the week the store was being shut down. Knowing that I'm not the only one in this boat makes me feel a little better, but I mean...it's been a month since they said they shipped it. My order was rather large as well, so hearing that big orders were set aside makes this situation a little more bearable...

I'm usually really patient, but this is definitely putting my patience to the test. I haven't e-mailed Virgil yet, because I assumed that the package was indeed sent and was in the hands of the USPS.

Not to take away from the thread, because it is a serious issue, but I wish Titus would "play the color game".

yeah lots of kids do. I would probably sell a lot more too if i did.

but its not worth the headache of people whining about getting the wrong color, or not being happy with getting the record cause its not the most limited etc.

jut the other day i got an email from some dude who ordered, and was totally surprised that one of the records he ordered, he got the uber limited color that just a handful were made of and he was totally stoked, cause he just wanted the record, and wasnt expecting anything. thats the kind of stuff i like to hear :)

but i digress. i dont want to turn this into another colored vinyl thread.

i have a similar, to less of an extent, story. i ordered about 10 records last winter during the annual christmas sale. when i got my records one was missing and the sheet said "backordered", which i have no clue what that means, but i haven't received one since.

Same thing happened to me. Once a couple months passed and it became obvious they had forgotten about it, I just e-mailed them and they got right on it.