Racist Relatives

I'm sure people on here can relate and although hilarious at times to think people like this really exist it gets old fast.

I have an uncle currently living w/ me and while he does have some good in him he is by far the most spitefull/hatefull person I have ever came across.

Every single day is a constant bitch fest complaining about someone else and how everything wrong with this country and his life in general is because of "lazy niggers" and "hook nosed jews".

"Obama the Magical nigger" has made it so he can't get a job blah blah.

so how do you guys deal with relatives like this ?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play hockey on Fridays during the winter and the locker room conversations afterwards get pretty spiteful towards black people. For a while I would logically counter their arguments, but it's pretty helpless.

I did crack a smirk when one of them said, "Well, at least we're [the US] not racist anymore since Obama became president."

My grandfather is super-liberal and charitable and all about fighting for the little guy and all that stuff, but one time we were putting together his new kitchen table, and I was tightening a bolt that was right on a knot in the wood. It popped with very little force and my grandpa lost it. He called up the company and was ranting about quality control, then somehow he figured out it was made in Taiwan, I think by reading it on the label or something, but he burst out with, "Made in Taiwan?! Those sons of bitches!"

I DIED laughing on the floor, my mom ran out of the room laughing, and my brother stood there shocked, not knowing whether or not to laugh.

When he hung up the phone, my grandma told him what he said, and he was so embarrassed, but it was just so funny at the time.

Every single day is a constant bitch fest complaining about someone else and how everything wrong with this country and his life in general is because of "intolerant, religiously misguided assholes" and "ignorant, uneducated bigots".

There. That sounds a little better.

Same shoe, different foot.

my family is full of them. a couple years ago at Christmas dinner, this 16 yr old chaw spitting bumpkin from Louisiana legitimately asked me "You mean you don't hate porch monkeys? I thought everyone was racist." At first I started to laugh thinking he was making a joke...then I realized he was being serious.

I wonder what bumper stickers they'll be rocking this year since those "W" the President ones are a little more than expired...If I see any about Obama I will photograph for the lols. In fact, I don't think I've had a family dinner since he was elected...oh shit. I just got a little excited.

Quotation marks or not, thats not cool man. Not cool at all.

What's not cool? That he quoted his uncle using a racial slur? Should he censor it? If so, why? How is n****r any worse than typing out the word? The effect is the same and you know exactly what he's saying. If we can't discuss the issues without feeling the need to censor everything then we'll never be able to move forward.

my grandfather is 94 years old, and a couple years ago, we moved him down here with us to a nursing home because my grandmother got alzheimers and they couldn't handle the house anymore. he lived his entire life in a tiny town literally in the middle of nowhere, and never had any interactions with anyone other than white people before. the nursing home here is the best in the area, but it's not in the greatest section of town, and most of the employees just happen to be black. we weren't sure how he'd handle the situation, but he absolutely loves it there and goes on and on about how nice everyone treats him. the only problem is he says things like 'that colored lady down in the dining room is just wonderful!'. my dad apologized to the staff he saw regularly but they just laughed and said how much they love him and what a cute old man he is.

so really, i guess this doesn't fall under the 'racist relatives' category, because he doesn't mean anything negative at all, he's just uninformed and at 94, that's not going to change, haha.

Every single day is a constant bitch fest complaining about someone else and how everything wrong with this country and his life in general is because of "intolerant, religiously misguided assholes" and "ignorant, uneducated bigots".

There. That sounds a little better.

Same shoe, different foot.

That's kind of the irony he's quite a well traveled master electrician/construction worker. and is legally classified a genius.

Although not to much of a religious person he is most definitely intolerant.

True story dude went into wal mart one time and he wanted a purple onion he stood in the middle of the floor took a bite spat it on the ground. Said this tastes like fucking shit threw the onion on the floor & left the store.

Quotation marks or not, thats not cool man. Not cool at all.

What's not cool? That he quoted his uncle using a racial slur? Should he censor it? If so, why? How is n****r any worse than typing out the word? The effect is the same and you know exactly what he's saying. If we can't discuss the issues without feeling the need to censor everything then we'll never be able to move forward.

I think it's a little innapropriate using words like that ever, regardless of whether you're telling a story or not. He could have said "the n word" and we all would have known what he meant. Regardless of how he said it he still did say it and I don't think thats right. Disagree with me all you want, no one has the right to say those words.

I think it's a little innapropriate using words like that ever, regardless of whether you're telling a story or not. He could have said "the n word" and we all would have known what he meant. Regardless of how he said it he still did say it and I don't think thats right. Disagree with me all you want, no one has the right to say those words.

got what a sensitive little bitch. for real.

So no one should read "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" or go see a Chris Rock comedy show?

luckily i never had any real racists in my family growing up... i had some wacky misguided relatives who like wanted to be racist, but were bad at it... like one great uncle who bitched constantly about the italians... and i was like "what about your 100% italian wife josephine" to which he responded... "shes the only good one"

of course now i have to deal with my wife's brother in law's family.... whom pretty much suck at life and drop N bombs at family functions like its going out of style.... i could avoid them, but i don't want to not go to my niece & nephew's bday parties :(

I remember once I was at a family dinner and my uncle was talking about his co-worker who happens to be black and saying all this shit about how he's lazy blah blah blah and my own dad says this: hey, you should stop saying those racist things cause racism is a crime....and crimes are for black people." I couldn't help but laugh.