your experiences with RUN FOR COVER

Yep, I do. I only read the last email from you, sorry for making the mistake,  but surely you understand that its impossible to remember every single email situation. I will fix this now. 

Jeff, please be so fair and refund the money for my order that i paid for half a year ago and that you never shipped. Show some respect for your customers and pay back the money you owe me. Its a pity to clear this issue here in the forum, but you refuse to reply to my mails.

I can offer both sides:

1. He has been super bad with responding to emails in two different mail order situations. Made things very difficult by procrastinating.

2. On the other hand, he was great when I accidentally ordered a Daytrader CD back in the day instead of the vinyl. I emailed letting him know I made the mistake shortly after I ordered it and he told me that since the CD was already on its way (which was fast, btw), that I should just keep it and give it to a friend who might like Daytrader. So I did. That friend is now a fan. :)

Really, I don't understand why [more] guys like Jeff don't jump at the opportunity for these free real-life performance reviews that we so willingly offer up. Read what your consensus weaknesses are and improve them. If it were me, these threads seem like opportunities to hear EXACTLY what your fans/members/whatever want out of you. Couldn't be easier if he hired people to review his business himself.

EDIT: I do see that he's responding on here and making legitimate conversation. That's all I could ask for.

if i may interject...

among a lot of the silliness that ensues on this board, this thread shows a lot of productivity on both the label and consumer ends.  despite some of the less-than-professional complaining, jeff is taking the feedback in stride, and responding with plans for growth.  consumers shouldn't take this for granted.  jeff's communication has come a long way since the earlier days of the label (this label has grown immensely over the past 18-24 months), and having label people take time out of their work day to deal with a forum is awesome.  tre and jake deathwish, the topshelf guys, chuck from tiny engines, as well as other guys from other labels really make an effort to appeal to this community, in particular.  keep the productivity up.  it's a good way for labels to grow with their market, and a good way for consumers to learn humility and patience.

Couldn't have said it better myself. (and I did try... look up. haha)

Jeff, please be so fair and refund the money for my order that i paid for half a year ago and that you never shipped. Show some respect for your customers and pay back the money you owe me. Its a pity to clear this issue here in the forum, but you refuse to reply to my mails.

Just to be clear, I never ignored Stefan's emails. I responded to a TON of them, there was confusion with paypal and somehow he got charged twice for one order and the transaction ID's were off from the one on the order. It took me some time to figure out because 1. it made no sense and 2. i had to deal with paypal. It has since been resolved. 

It's the price for an extra piece of cardboard. Shit cost major skriz. Torch the houses of the people who rallied for it.

I blame all the kids who buy a single 7" and expect a box for it! Why don't they just buy a LP with it! Problem solved and they don't pewp in our applesauce doing it :P

got my records in today, packed well. i just wanted to say thank you jeff. even after waiting this long im really happy to finally be able to spin this. no harm no foul, and i will continue to support RFC whenever i can. 

thanks a lot man!

edit - just realized i ordered a 3 pack and they sent me the 3 pack plus the tour copy. that was really nice of them. 

• 1 month later...

Still waiting on I Wish I Could Stay Here which was supposed to ship mid-late Feb. Emailed them and was told it'll be in soon... That was a week ago. Still no shipping update.

Yea unfortunately for you "soon" is not a definite time frame. Just hang tight. You'll get your order and I'm sure you will be pleased.

There isn't a label running that doesn't occasionally have a delay on a pre order, it's just part of the game. Yea a few labels just wait to have the albums in hand before they put them up, but that's not realistic for them all. If you don't want your order to be delayed just wait until the records are in hand. If you care about variants then you just have to get used to this stuff. Download the album and listen to that until you get it.

I feel like these complaints have been going for years.  I had a problem the first time I ordered from them (around 3-4 years ago), and it took forever, but once it was sorted out my package showed up with a few free 7"s which I thought was nice. Since then I've never had a problem with them and always get updates regarding my records.  I wouldn't think twice before ordering this label. I'm also very patient when it comes to mailorder, so that might help.

I ordered the 3-pack of Basement's I Wish I Could Stay Here second press, and Seahaven's Winter Forever first press in black 180g.

Although it took longer than I had expected, I did get my records safely. The only complaint was that I had received the clear variant of WF, that wouldn't have bothered me if the black 180g wasn't $2 more and I didn't have some unexplainable dislike for clear vinyl. So I emailed Jeff and he got back to me right away, saying I should have been notified that black was sold out, he was sorry, and that I will receive a discount on my next RFC order.

I didn't order from RFC again for almost eight months, but when I did, I wrote in the notes/special instructions, "I was told I would receive a discount on my next order because I got the wrong color of WF." Not only did I get my discount without a problem, but I got an email confirming that my order had shipped EIGHT MINUTES after I placed my order.

At first, I didn't know how to feel about RFC, but seriously...Eight minutes.

I've ordered many releases with RFC and have never had any kind of problem.  Yeah once in a while there will be a delay here and there but that's expected.  I'm a patient person and I can wait for a quality release.  I've never NOT gotten something I ordered and everything always comes packaged nicely. The only time one thing was missing from a package was when I ordered 2 copies of Citizen - Young States for myself and a friend in the black/gold and only one came with my order.  It was already sold out so to make up for it he sent me a blue copy that they were selling on tour.   I ended up keeping that for myself as I liked that variant too and my friend just placed an order for the Citizen on his next order with them.

I ordered the 3-pack of Basement's I Wish I Could Stay Here second press, and Seahaven's Winter Forever first press in black 180g.

Although it took longer than I had expected, I did get my records safely. The only complaint was that I had received the clear variant of WF, that wouldn't have bothered me if the black 180g wasn't $2 more and I didn't have some unexplainable dislike for clear vinyl. So I emailed Jeff and he got back to me right away, saying I should have been notified that black was sold out, he was sorry, and that I will receive a discount on my next RFC order.

I didn't order from RFC again for almost eight months, but when I did, I wrote in the notes/special instructions, "I was told I would receive a discount on my next order because I got the wrong color of WF." Not only did I get my discount without a problem, but I got an email confirming that my order had shipped EIGHT MINUTES after I placed my order.

At first, I didn't know how to feel about RFC, but seriously...Eight minutes.

oh to be naive. do you honsetly think they actually mailed it 8 minutes after your ordered it? the offsprng of Superman and The Flash couldn't even pull that off.