mewithoutYou represses - 180 gram

AlexH.

That's actually one of my gripes with CFUTF. The religious overtones are a bit less notable on A-B, the songs are more aggressive, and to me, have more hooks for drunken singing!

Just curious but why would religious undertones by one of your "Gripes"?

I don't like being preached at. Let's just leave it at that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. Personally I find there to be a big difference between preaching and expressing your beliefs, and I've always found mewithoutYou to be the latter.

Quoted for truth. If mewithoutYou released an album detailing how we're all heathens and will be going to hell unless we conform to Christianity... then I suppose we'd have a problem. In the meantime, though, I'll never understand why some folks insist on docking bands (or albums) a few respect points simply for their religious undertones.

I once read a post about Thrice's Vheissu, describing it as the "would-be" pinnacle of the band's material if it weren't for the Christian lyrics sprinkled across the album. I couldn't believe that. Are people that bothered by references to religion or the bible? It's their loss, I guess. I'm far from a vegetarian or Buddhist... but if mewithoutYou released a record highlighting their beliefs in both subjects, I'd be all ears. So long as the music is good. That notion seems lost on a lot of people, I guess.

Pointless rant. Don't care.

Fair enough. Personally I find there to be a big difference between preaching and expressing your beliefs, and I've always found mewithoutYou to be the latter.

Quoted for truth. If mewithoutYou released an album detailing how we're all heathens and will be going to hell unless we conform to Christianity... then I suppose we'd have a problem. In the meantime, though, I'll never understand why some folks insist on docking bands (or albums) a few respect points simply for their religious undertones.

I once read a post about Thrice's Vheissu, describing it as the "would-be" pinnacle of the band's material if it weren't for the Christian lyrics sprinkled across the album. I couldn't believe that. Are people that bothered by references to religion or the bible? It's their loss, I guess. I'm far from a vegetarian or Buddhist... but if mewithoutYou released a record highlighting their beliefs in both subjects, I'd be all ears. So long as the music is good. That notion seems lost on a lot of people, I guess.

I couldn't agree more. To me when I listen to mewithoutYou all I hear is raw, naked passion and while I may not necessarily agree with everything they say, the passion they have for the subject matter will always connect to me. It's like when I hear a church choir singing in the deep south, I am by no means a Christian but I can certainly appreciate the passion and emotion of the music. It comes from a place deep inside that person, and being brave enough to put yourself out like that will always be a beautiful thing to me.

I couldn't agree more. To me when I listen to mewithoutYou all I hear is raw, naked passion and while I may not necessarily agree with everything they say, the passion they have for the subject matter will always connect to me. It's like when I hear a church choir singing in the deep south, I am by no means a Christian but I can certainly appreciate the passion and emotion of the music. It comes from a place deep inside that person, and being brave enough to put yourself out like that will always be a beautiful thing to me.

QFT that is why I flip records too.

QFT that is why I flip records too.

Man your trolling is so creative and witty! When I saw that you commented on this thread I really had no idea what you were going to say!

Got my copy of "Catch for Us the Foxes" today (with my bonus patch!) and it sounds awesome so far! So excited to have my favorite album by my favorite band on vinyl (180g, to boot).

I'm not entirely sure who you were thanking. This is the first time I've seen this thread. haha. All the inquiries as to ship dates and status could've been directed to my label email which is listed on the front page of the site under the "email gilead" link. Bamf.

Glad those that ordered are pleased. I'm pretty happy with how these turned out, myself.

I'm not entirely sure who you were thanking. This is the first time I've seen this thread. haha. All the inquiries as to ship dates and status could've been directed to my label email which is listed on the front page of the site under the "email gilead" link. Bamf.

Glad those that ordered are pleased. I'm pretty happy with how these turned out, myself.

i was thanking you. haha.