Official VC Chicago Thread

Ok, this doesn't need to be stickied...that's the last thing this board needs is another one of those....

BUT....

the fact is, there's a good amount of Chicagoans on this board, I think for the sake of community, we should have a Thread about it that we can all post about happenings in the city, people needing a place to crash can inquire to us, any other random question or a place to post a flyer (or info thereof) for an upcoming show in the area...

so that being said, hopefully this can alleviate the growing amount of "Attn: VC Chicago" threads that are popping up, that I'm just as guilty of creating multiples of...

anyway, a few of my label bands are playing at Riot Fest this week, check out the list:

http://undercomm.org/blog/?p=388

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of:

BLACKLISTED are playing two FREE shows this weekend. Both these shows are totally free. You just need to go and RSVP on the website. You cant just show up at the door without RSVPing and expect to get in.

Heres the info:

Scion Presents : October 2010 Metal Matinees

Blacklisted

Ringworm

Acid Tiger

October 9th 2010

@ The Empty Bottle

1035 N Western Ave.

Chicago, IL 60622

Doors : 4:00pm Show : 4:45pm All Ages

Free with RSVP @ http://www.scionav.com/music/metalshow/index.html#events3

COME TO THE FIRESIDE BOWL TONIGHT!!!

thedavidescapeplan's band The Burbs (www.myspace.com/burbsrock) is playing. doors are at 8 and they go on first. show starts at 8:30. tickets are only $8. 17+ so bring everybody you know! tell the people at the door you're there to see The Burbs!!

i wanna go to chicago! it's been 15 years since ive been there. too bad the dummyroom isn't around. i squandered $320 bucks the last time i was in chicago on just records. for 95' that's a whole lot.

you know you got a free place to stay when you're here, so save your pennies and come up and hang out.

don't feel like listening to washed up guys playing the same chords over and over again? come to the windy city soul club at the empty bottle tonight!

SAT . 10/9/10 ( 10:00pm , $5 tickets available at the door buy )

Windy City Soul Club

http://www.myspace.com/windycitysoulclub

The WINDY CITY SOUL CLUB boasts that the "best rare soul DJs in Chicago come together to create the best party this city has ever seen," and if you're inclined to think real DJs need a box full of vinyl, you'll likely agree. Playing all original vinyl of the Northern Soul variety, Motown-style gems from labels that sometimes only had regional hits with ace dancing tunes as well as your favorite recognizable sing-along classics, if you've ever wanted to "shake a tail feather" tonight's your night to get dapper and get down. We are no longer selling advance tickets to the WCSC night, so get here early if you want to get down.