PO: RX Bandits "Progress" - Up 11/12

Awesome?

I wish. I think the word I was looking for is "high"

I took my now wife to see this band promising her a semi-religious experience like the ones I always had whenever I saw the Bandits. And I swear I think Matt Embree forgot he was on stage after awhile and just made little moaning noises saying things like

"I love muuuusssssiiiiiiccccc aaaawoooooo" X a million

And they did the drum circle thing that they always do only this time it was all off and bad and they only played one song off Progress or Halfway and that was Analog Boy.

I was pretty pissed and there was even a chant that went up of "Play some ska!" and yet they still continued their hippie jam band bullshit.

Anyways looking forward to this record.

Awesome?

I wish. I think the word I was looking for is "high"

I took my now wife to see this band promising her a semi-religious experience like the ones I always had whenever I saw the Bandits. And I swear I think Matt Embree forgot he was on stage after awhile and just made little moaning noises saying things like

"I love muuuusssssiiiiiiccccc aaaawoooooo" X a million

And they did the drum circle thing that they always do only this time it was all off and bad and they only played one song off Progress or Halfway and that was Analog Boy.

I was pretty pissed and there was even a chant that went up of "Play some ska!" and yet they still continued their hippie jam band bullshit.

Anyways looking forward to this record.

Eh, well I was going off of their albums. I think they've gotten better and better as far as those go.

I could definitely see them pulling that live though. Have you heard the "Live at Park Ave." EP? Where a fan is calling out for one of the old songs (which escapes me at the moment) and Embree goes on a rant about not playing the old stuff?

pre-order isnt till friday the 12th, so no, nobody has ordered this yet.

i was on the fence on buying this, and even though i wanna support enjoy your ride, and i know its not their fault cause they bought the rights fair and square from DTR, but since the band isnt getting anything from this, now im dont think im gonna be picking it up unless something changes.

needless to say, shit just got real.

i just know, as much as id love to have this, i cant back a product that the band doesnt even support.

In all fairness, the label doesn't have to contact the band, I really feel they should in these situations but... what are ya gonna do...

If it were me, with all the technology its not hard to get in contact with people. the dudes putting these out should have notified the band as soon as it was a done deal, otherwise im more interested to what what the next releases are!

This always happens to bands. And while I agree it sucks that it happens, especially to smaller acts like this, it's the nature of the business. They signed a contract that at the time gave DTR the rights, what can you do?

What if they contacted RXB, raised the price $5 and promised to send them the extra scratch?

Would you support it, or bitch about the price? (I'm not pointing at anyone specifically). Or are the "price is too high" and "the band isn't getting anything out of it" camps both separate?

Maybe set up a "donate" option at checkout for those that feel guilty buying it.

This always happens to bands. And while I agree it sucks that it happens, especially to smaller acts like this, it's the nature of the business. They signed a contract that at the time gave DTR the rights, what can you do?

What if they contacted RXB, raised the price $5 and promised to send them the extra scratch?

Would you support it, or bitch about the price? (I'm not pointing at anyone specifically). Or are the "price is too high" and "the band isn't getting anything out of it" camps both separate?

Maybe set up a "donate" option at checkout for those that feel guilty buying it.

would pay extra money so Rx gets it. Its how they make a living.

I'm amazed at the number of people stepping up and saying they refuse to buy this LP since none of the money is going to RX. I can't produce any evidence for this theory but I do wonder how often this kind of thing happens, where a band isn't getting money from a vinyl release, the band says nothing about it, and the vinyl sells out. Not pointing fingers at anyone specific but how can anyone in this thread be sure they haven't bought a record whose proceeds weren't making it to the band? Or are the decisions to not buy based on actually knowing this is happening to RX? Just a few thoughts.

For the lazy:

Apparently DTR is making more money from our album Progress by selling it for a vinyl pressing we were not asked nor do we get 1 cent from it, just business as usual for DTR ripping off bands.

http://www.facebook.com/RxBandits#!/rxbanditsofficial/posts/147764965270314

I wouldn't blame Enjoy The Ride at all for this. They wanted to put out this record on vinyl, so they went to the people who had the rights to it—Drive-Thru—to obtain a license. While it may have been short-sighted of them for not trying to get Rx Bandits' blessing before doing it, it certainly isn't something they had to do. ETR is not in the wrong.

A similar situation is that of Robbed The Bank Records putting out those Spitalfield and Forecast records. Jason just went to Victory directly and got licenses without the bands even knowing (although he did contact the bands after the fact to clue them into what he was doing).