Hellmouth - limited vinyl w/bible ashes pressed in

back to vinyl talk for a second, anyone have a clue if this is ready to ship? or if they still have to press it and all that bull shit.. id hate to have to wait months for this

EDIT: http://forums.livewire-records.com/v5/read.php?1,405897,405924

its apparently in clear vinyl!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back to vinyl talk for a second, anyone have a clue if this is ready to ship? or if they still have to press it and all that bull shit.. id hate to have to wait months for this

EDIT: http://forums.livewire-records.com/v5/read.php?1,405897,405924

its apparently in clear vinyl!

the site doesn't say it's a pre-order so i assume they have em already...

how many people just brought it for shits and giggles though? and wont even listen to it.

pisses me off cause a fan like me would have played the shit out of it.

you don't need bible ash to make it sound better. pretty sure the other colors will sound the same....

HOW DO YOU KNOW MAAAAAN? MAYBE THE BIBLE ASHES ARE THE GREATEST AUDIO BREAKTHROUGH IN YEARS!

As a Christian I'll pray for them and keep reading the bible that will be pressed in far larger quantities than their album.

just because something is more widely available doesn't make it better. I mean alot of people are buying Justin Beiber's cd... that doesn't make it actually good ;)

but if we're going to use your logic:

people tortured, killed and persecuted because of Hellmouth's record - 0

people tortured, killed, and persecuted because of the bible - too numerous to list

You missed my point on numbers being pressed. To a Christian the important thing about the bible is it's content. One of my favourite albums is Milo Goes to College. If someone were to spend a shed load on a test copy of this album and then burn it, as a music fan I would find it silly as they could've expressed their hatred the same way by burning a CD of the album for alot less money. However as a vinyl collector I might feel a bit more vexed.

My point is it sounds like they went out of their way to get a very expensive bible and the only added impact it should have will be to anger some historians and antique collectors. I would argue any Christian who would get more angered by burning one bible over another would be making a false idol out of a publisher.

And also to use your logic:

Number of British National Party material handed to me at church - 0

Number of British National Party material handed to me at ska gigs - 2

Do I take the point of view that because of this ska is right-wing and facist? No I don't, I look at the source and realise if you look into the two-tone era it was actually about mixing cultures. So the source doesn't support the act of hatred leaving me to be guilt free to subscribe to your Ska is Dead series ;)

I can't deny the fact there's been some terrible things done in the name of Christianity, I just don't feel those things are at all Christian. I can't deny I've come across some biggoted views amongst Christian circles but I don't feel their views are Christian.

People have been killed in the name of religion, politics, countries, sport and music. The thing that is consistant is people can be messed up in all walks of life.