people bitching about the price of records

flood

so....you used a self proclaimed unrealistic model to prove your point?

you should probably just start posting pictures of unicorns.

I won't cave to unicorn culture!

Also, it was a model made to show general differences in cost/profit between a single release and multiple releases. Not specific collar amounts. What do you do all day that gives you so much time to be an idiot and argue things that have already been addressed?

whoa tharrrrr buddy boy, asking a question is arguing?

i work in a legal department; it gives me ample opportunity to be an idiot, as i am generally surrounded by them.

oh, and:

[image]

<3333333333333

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':britdcyd]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':britdcyd]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

whoa tharrrrr buddy boy, asking a question is arguing?

i work in a legal department; it gives me ample opportunity to be an idiot, as i am generally surrounded by them.

oh, and:

[image]

<3333333333333

Well, you ask questions like a jerk. Also, unicorns aren't funny. Give me some cats, or video of people that can't drive in the snow.

He's right, you do ask questions like a jerk, especially considering you have no firsthand knowledge of what it actually takes (financially or otherwise) to put out a record. But you usually get a pass on this (as well as in many, many, many other threads) because 1) you're a girl and 2) one of the mods has the world's biggest, most-embarrassing-to-watch crush ever on you.

Sayin'.

He's right, you do ask questions like a jerk, especially considering you have no firsthand knowledge of what it actually takes (financially or otherwise) to put out a record. But you usually get a pass on this (as well as in many, many, many other threads) because 1) you're a girl and 2) one of the mods has the world's biggest, most-embarrassing-to-watch crush ever on you.

Sayin'.

Once again Scott goes out of his way to remind everyone that he is a dick. It's really not necessary Scott. No one has forgotten... I promise.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':z33ott1t]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':z33ott1t]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Sayin'.

hahahaha. just, wow. i honestly have no rebuttal for that based on the sheer idiocy and non-relevance of what you said.

I believe the word you're looking for is "irrelevance." And either fuck Juan already or tell him to give up. It's getting awkward for the rest of us. (Dan, please back me up on this.)

I believe the word you're looking for is "irrelevance." And either fuck Juan already or tell him to give up. It's getting awkward for the rest of us. (Dan, please back me up on this.)

Are you incapable of making a single post without being the worst?

Obviously not. But someone's gotta do it!

also people need to realize that 99.9% of record pressings don't vanish in pre-orders.

Not every band is nofx or brand new, most of us little labels have single pressings of records available for a year or five.

not to interrupt the alicia stuff, but on the subject of record pricing, if you get a record pressed on three colors (say, 300 black and 100 of two other colors), about how much does that increase expenses for the label vs. just getting 500 on black?

and is it more economically viable (put a not in front of that and consider it a not so subtle hint that I'm still waiting for you to (re)press that, justin ;)) to do a smaller pressing on a number of colors than just a bunch of black (say, 100 of 3 different colors vs. 500 on black, or whatever would be equivalent cost-wise) in order to help alleviate the problem of having records sitting around for years?

and btw, in no way is this directed specifically at underground communique (other than the methadones reference), that's just the comment that provoked my question

also people need to realize that 99.9% of record pressings don't vanish in pre-orders.

Not every band is nofx or brand new, most of us little labels have single pressings of records available for a year or five.

not to interrupt the alicia stuff, but on the subject of record pricing, if you get a record pressed on three colors (say, 300 black and 100 of two other colors), about how much does that increase expenses for the label vs. just getting 500 on black?

and is it more economically viable (put a not in front of that and consider it a not so subtle hint that I'm still waiting for you to (re)press that, justin ;)) to do a smaller pressing on a number of colors than just a bunch of black (say, 100 of 3 different colors vs. 500 on black, or whatever would be equivalent cost-wise) in order to help alleviate the problem of having records sitting around for years?

and btw, in no way is this directed specifically at underground communique (other than the methadones reference), that's just the comment that provoked my question

I have the reference lacquer for the Not Economically Viable LP now...shit is progressing!! I'm going to actually listen to it in a little bit.

It honestly affects the price of the project by several hundred dollars, but in a very weird way, in all of the hilarity/facepalm inducing-ness - people will flat out refuse to buy records on black vinyl. it's fucking stupid, I've seen this countless times in person and seen it mentioned on multiple messageboards and have even had bands on my label request that there not be any black vinyl.

So We, or fuck that, I'll speak for myself on this topic...I have to try to find that happy medium of either not ordering black at all or having black be the "rare" option.

the wonderful thing about about capitalism? you can choose not to buy something..

another option is to ditch the "i NEED this record today" attitude that so many people have adopted nowadays. So some fancy reissue is 25 bucks brand new. If you wait 6 months or a year and enjoy the other music you have, you will probably be able to find a copy cheaply in someones 5$ sale, or in a used bin at a record store, or even some cheap 0.99 ebay sale. or maybe you can get it in a trade with an internet buddy for something you no longer listen to.

patience has saved me hundreds if not thousands of dollars over the years.

This. Converge's "On My Shield" sold for $7 new and immediately starting going for $50 on ebay. Now I'm seeing it go for less than $20 on here and on ebay.