Dec 17th :: The Starting Line @ North Star Bar, PA

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when AP was all about the nu metal? I hated that shit, but I still think it was better then than it is now!

Just looked at your tradelist. This is a list of bands who you own records by who have also been on our cover at least once since our "nu-metal years."

AFI (sucks now)

Against Me! (sucks now)

Alkaline Trio (sucks now)

Bouncing Souls (Bryan was on a Warped cover)

Coheed And Cambria

Dashboard Confessional (twice)

Every Time I Die

Fugazi (broke up)

The Gaslight Anthem

My Chemical Romance (sucks now)

Polar Bear Club (Jimmy was on the subscriber cover with shit bands )

Rise Against (sucks now)

Say Anything (once on their own + Max was on a Warped cover)

Weezer (sucks now)

fixed

Just looked at your tradelist. This is a list of bands who you own records by who have also been on our cover at least once since our "nu-metal years."

AFI (sucks now)

Against Me! (sucks now)

Alkaline Trio (sucks now)

Bouncing Souls (Bryan was on a Warped cover)

Coheed And Cambria

Dashboard Confessional (twice)

Every Time I Die

Fugazi (broke up)

The Gaslight Anthem

My Chemical Romance (sucks now)

Polar Bear Club (Jimmy was on the subscriber cover with shit bands )

Rise Against (sucks now)

Say Anything (once on their own + Max was on a Warped cover)

Weezer (sucks now)

fixed

That doesn't really work unless you explain what those bands' "good" eras were.

Dude just needs to lay off the koolaid. Most of us have jobs, and most of the jobs are pretty cool, but we dont get bent out of shape when someone criticizes it. I dont get pissed off whenever someone shits on war, cancer, cripples, government, even though I work for a State run Veterans home. I could go through and mention how half those bands havent been on the cover since 2005 or so, or the fact that most information in the articles from those bands that I do own I already knew and could be found rather easily elsewhere.

sorry for being honest, but the magazine you work for blows. its nothing but ads and shitty bands now. maybe if i was a fat 13 year old girl id love it, but alas, i am not.

nothing against you personally though, i just really dont like AP, because, like i said, its trash (in my opinion), just like in your opinion im a huge fucking asshole ::)

Found this on your tumblr—it's a picture of your laptop, no?

[image]

You know that Circa Survive and Something Corporate were both on our cover this year, right?

Also, I'm scoping out pics of your vinyl collection on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikukin/sets/72157624994540396/

You know that we put August Burns Red and Dan from Four Year Strong on the cover this year, right? And we had Blink-182 and Thursday on our cover last year, right? And that we've written about bands like New Found Glory, Minus The Bear, Bayside, Saves The Day, Coheed And Cambria and Silverstein probably more than any other rock magazine in existence, right?

If we cover nothing but "shitty bands" now, then apparently you like shitty bands.

Look, I know it's tough to actually deviate from the absolutepunk/strikegently hivemind of "dude, AP is such a shitrag," but give it a shot sometime.

Yes, this is what cracks me up about Niku. He has big ol' boners for Blink 182 and Vans and Warped Tour but hates Alt Press. Dude seems very conflicted.

Found this on your tumblr—it's a picture of your laptop, no?

[image]

You know that Circa Survive and Something Corporate were both on our cover this year, right?

Also, I'm scoping out pics of your vinyl collection on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikukin/sets/72157624994540396/

You know that we put August Burns Red and Dan from Four Year Strong on the cover this year, right? And we had Blink-182 and Thursday on our cover last year, right? And that we've written about bands like New Found Glory, Minus The Bear, Bayside, Saves The Day, Coheed And Cambria and Silverstein probably more than any other rock magazine in existence, right?

If we cover nothing but "shitty bands" now, then apparently you like shitty bands.

Look, I know it's tough to actually deviate from the absolutepunk/strikegently hivemind of "dude, AP is such a shitrag," but give it a shot sometime.

Yes, this is what cracks me up about Niku. He has big ol' boners for Blink 182 and Vans and Warped Tour but hates Alt Press. Dude seems very conflicted stoned.

half those bands havent been on the cover since 2005

False.

AFI were on in 2006 and 2009 (and Davey was on in 2006).

Against Me! were on in 2008 (and Tom was on in 2006).

Matt Skiba (Alkaline Trio) was on in 2010.

Every Time I Die were on in 2007.

Fugazi were on in 2008.

The Gaslight Anthem were on in 2009.

My Chemical Romance were on in 2006 and 2009.

Jimmy Stadt (Polar Bear Club) was on in 2010.

Rise Against were on in 2006 (and Tim was on in 2006).

Say Anything were on in 2007 (and Max was on in 2008.)

The only bands out of that initial list that haven't been on the cover since 2005 are Bouncing Souls, Coheed And Cambria, Dashboard Confessional and Weezer.

Stop talking out of your ass; your breath reeks.

i never said i hate AP, or scott, i just dont think its worth my money to subscribe to anymore because 80% of it, IN MY OPINION, is on shit i dont give a fuck about. ok big whoop, you cover blink or circa survive or soco or whatever. doesnt mean that i care enough to pay money to subscribe. maybe if it was still $5 for a year, yeah, but the price has gone up every year since 2002 and its not worth it to me.

but, waste more time lurking my tumblr or flickr, rather than doing your job, please.