shitty virgil situation

podface

i think tre has made it apparent that in regards to the virgil 'situation' (not to be confused with THE situation, who is most likely a fabulous businessman), you only get results when you use profuse profanity and threats. however, as we've learned the hard way via googlemyass, photoshopping is a no-no.

Have your mom call her credit card company and report this situation to them. Sometimes they can get the charges reversed... though it sounds like it's been a while. Still... try. Do as much as you can. He has your family's money and I'd take that very personally if I were you.

Sell them to that company that pays cash for giftcards being advertised all day long on TV and shut the hell up. You weren't out any money, they were gifts.

Suddenly that Rush Hour gift set isn't looking so bad and you shouldn't have given your mom so much trouble about it.

Sell them to that company that pays cash for giftcards being advertised all day long on TV and shut the hell up. You weren't out any money, they were gifts.

Suddenly that Rush Hour gift set isn't looking so bad and you shouldn't have given your mom so much trouble about it.

hey, if i give you my paypal info would you pass it along to a member of your family and ask them to send me $200 on your behalf? i mean hey, YOU wont be out of any money. no big deal.

Sound Logic, Ace.

Overall this cat has been very reasonable. I wish you the best. Better Business Bureau's are a waste of your time though. They have no true authority and will likely leave you feeling like your efforts were better utilized elsewhere. I think the suggestion of taking this on through the credit card company is more likely to yield the unlikely result of a refund. Either way it stinks that you need to put your time into something like this.

The BBB is going to need more than one complaint from a kid out a few bucks because he didn't spend his gift cards.

Most credit card companies only give you 60 days to dispute a transaction. Not only that, but the transactions were authorized by the cardholders. Merchandise (ie: gift cards were received). Whether or not you actually used your cards or didn't because you didn't see anything you like and now want cash for them doesn't matter to the credit card companies at all.

*edited. I didn't mean to type in the dollar sign.

The BBB is going to need more than one complaint from a kid out a few bucks because he didn't spend his gift cards.

Most credit card companies only give you $60 days to dispute a transaction. Not only that, but the transactions were authorized by the cardholders. Merchandise (ie: gift cards were received). Whether or not you actually used your cards or didn't because you didn't see anything you like and now want cash for them doesn't matter to the credit card companies at all.

What is a $60 day? Is that when you give an old fashioned?

Is there any place these could be used still? Is there still a vc store?

Why not try selling them off in the sell/trade board on here? You could try doing a "planning to buy from VC?" thread and offer a $50 gift card for 40 or 45 or maybe a 20 for 25... You make some money, the guys that bought the giftcard from you save some money...

I think this is your best bet.

Is there any place these could be used still? Is there still a vc store?

Why not try selling them off in the sell/trade board on here? You could try doing a "planning to buy from VC?" thread and offer a $50 gift card for 40 or 45 or maybe a 20 for 25... You make some money, the guys that bought the giftcard from you save some money...

yeah thanks thats a good idea. i haven't checked but is there still anything left in the VC distro at this point?

What a terrible situation. I hope it gets resolved. Boy, Virgil really turned out to be a crook.

yeah - its a little disheartening. i supported VC for 2 years - i thought that the gift cards would be an awesome gift for me, as well as a cool way for my parents and brothers to support a company I loved. its a real bummer.

yeah this doesn't make that much sense. if a friend of yours gave you x amount of money for a birthday gift or something - and somebody took it - should you 'shut the hell up' because it was a gift? that money is now yours. also - its virgil getting away with $200 thats not his - theres nothing fair about this situation.

Virgil didn't steal your money nor the money of your loved ones. If my mom buys me a gift card for Chili's and I don't want to eat there, I can't just call up the restaurant and ask for a refund. Either I spend it, give it to someone else or throw it away. Those are your options.

I assume your gift certificates are still active, and VC still has a store:

http://store.vinylcollective.com/store

Spend your $200 there and get some records. Even if there's nothing you like, buy $200 worth of stuff and turn around and sell it to a local record store or something.

Virgil didn't steal your money nor the money of your loved ones. If my mom buys me a gift card for Chili's and I don't want to eat there, I can't just call up the restaurant and ask for a refund. Either I spend it, give it to someone else or throw it away. Those are your options.

Spend your $200 there and get some records. Even if there's nothing you like, buy $200 worth of stuff and turn around and sell it to a local record store or something.

To make your analogy work, it would be like buying someone a $250 Chili's gift card, that someone spending $50 at Chili's, then Chili's cutting their menu down to just ketchup.

And you are saying "shut up and eat your ketchup."

To make your analogy work, it would be like buying someone a $250 Chili's gift card, that someone spending $50 at Chili's, then Chili's cutting their menu down to just ketchup.

And you are saying "shut up and eat your ketchup."

this.