Wearing band shirts

The reason I asked is because Rust Belt Lights is playing in a super small town in middle of nowhere Saskatchewan and I wanted to wear a t-shirt of theirs to the show. But I also don't want to be "that guy."

really? where are they playing?

Country Squire Inn w/ Take It Back!, Kid Liberty

Fort Qu'Appelle, SK, CANADA

Feb 3rd.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) you dont wear the shirt of the band you're going to see, much like you don't listen to the band you're going to see on the way to the show.

2) the only exception to this rule is slayer, in which case you MUST wear a slayer shirt to the show.

3) you never wear the shirt you bought at the show.. you stick it in your pocket, or run it throught your belt... because you need to wear the shirt to school the next day so everyone knows how cool you are for going to the show the night before

i used to wear shirts of bands i was going to see, then someone (rightly) made fun of me for it. i dont do it anymore haha. i wear a band shirt though almost always.

i like how you classify the misfits lineup as "an abortion," made me laugh haha

Was the person who made fun of you your friend? It wasn't some random concert goer was it?

i used to wear shirts of bands i was going to see, then someone (rightly) made fun of me for it. i dont do it anymore haha. i wear a band shirt though almost always.

i like how you classify the misfits lineup as "an abortion," made me laugh haha

Was the person who made fun of you your friend? It wasn't some random concert goer was it?

nah it was a friend. well we actually met because we got a ride to the concert together, but i guess we were friends by the time she made fun of me haha

Guest errolwest

really? where are they playing?

Feb 3rd.

oh word! have you ever been to a show out there? its pretty weird.

On the other hand, if you're in the band, you certainly shouldn't wear your own shirts... unless of course you're Kepi Ghoulie.

i wear my own band's shirts, but only after we've broken up. you know...there's a lot of extra shirts laying around.

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other, but I would point out that people don't have a problem wearing the shirt of the team they are rooting for at the stadium.

completely different. you don't go to a concert "rooting" for a band. that's why you're there, there is no competition.

oh and the only shirts you're allowed to wear to GWAR shows are white t's.

and whoever brought up the "it's not punk to make rules" bit, you're absolutely right, with these two exceptions ^^ ;D

Feb 3rd.

oh word! have you ever been to a show out there? its pretty weird.

No I haven't haha. I figure it's going to just be a bunch of 15 yr olds. I might just go in Saskatoon I'm not sure yet.

Who cares?

This.

Honestly, as long as you're wearing a shirt, I don't give a fuck what's printed on it. It can have the bands name on it or a big purple dildo. Whatever. As long as it keeps me from from having to rub up against your sweaty, hairy, unwashed body I'm good.

I did when I was in High School but honestly, do what you want. Fuck rules and judgmental bullshit in punk rock. Leave the stupid style points crap to Paris Hilton and cable television "What Not To Wear" garbage.

if more people in this country would listen to stacy and clinton, it would be a better place.

I did when I was in High School but honestly, do what you want. Fuck rules and judgmental bullshit in punk rock. Leave the stupid style points crap to Paris Hilton and cable television "What Not To Wear" garbage.

if more people in this country would listen to stacy and clinton, it would be a better place.

Yessssssss!

<3 Stacy and Clinton.

WNTW: making America look less fat and ugly one moron at a time.