gohastings.com can kiss my @ss

swan

i had never heard of this store, but i ordered a record with them via amazon and they sent me the cd instead grrr...and now refuse to send me what i ordered. Some of the worst customer service i've had the displeasure to deal with. morale of the story fuck gohastings.com!!!!

Out of curiosity what did you order? I work for Hastings and would recommend not ordering vinyl through gohastings. We don't have vinyl mailers and you will most likely get it sent in a big bubble mailer. When I would ship out vinyl I tried to make a LP box out of cardboard when I could. I am surprised they won't take it back as I have heard they are usually pretty good about returns. Sorry about the bad luck

I've sold a lot of things via Amazon's Marketplace over the past 8 years and they always annoyed me because they would put items significantly cheaper than the rest of the sellers. I can't get mad at this, you know, if they paid less and still make a profit, it's their right.

But, I've noticed the same thing that the OP mentioned. I've emailed them a few times asking, "Do you really have such and such LP for $5?" And I get a reply, "No, it's the CD". It's listed as vinyl though. Happened more times than I care to mention.

I ordered Coalesce's "OX" vinyl from them via Amazon and got a CD instead. Returned, got my money back. Decided to try my luck again with them and got exactly what I wanted (Pantha du Prince, Dillinger Escape Plan and Braid LPs). One was in a huge bubble mailer that miraculously was unharmed, and the others were in a large cardboard mailer.

The worst they'll do is inconvenience you. If you get what you order, awesome. If you don't, it's a small hassle to get your money back.

The way the online ordering works is that the orders get sent to whatever store shows the item in stock, so you could order three different things and get them in three different packages. There are usually some awesome deals online, especially if you buy Blu Ray movies. If you do buy DVD's or Blu Ray's just stay away from Previously Viewed and stick to the used. Most of the time they are almost brand new.

Hastings is the worst company I've ever worked for. They're liars and they have now idea how to run a business. As far as records go, if you buy a record from them, buy it at a physical store, there are no record mailers. I've seen some people there use the WORST packaging for records.

i had never heard of this store, but i ordered a record with them via amazon and they sent me the cd instead grrr...and now refuse to send me what i ordered. Some of the worst customer service i've had the displeasure to deal with. morale of the story fuck gohastings.com!!!!

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago with a Jawbreaker record. I used to work for Hastings about ten years back, and it was the worst job I ever had. Horribly unorganized company.

Recently, my roommate ordered some vinyl from them to be delivered to their store, and they called to tell him that his "calendars" had come in. When he went down to pick them up, they had a bunch of actual calendars piled up on top of them, corners all bent to hell.

I always think about buying LPs from other sellers on amazon because sometimes the prices look insanely low, and this why I am afraid to buy from them because I think they are trying to sell the cd rather then the LP.

Individual sellers are more likely to be accurate than businesses.