PO: The Starting Line - Two EPs on 10" Vinyl 2/7

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS!!

I took the With Hopes of Starting Over EP out of the poly bag, wrapped the obi strip around it, and got it back in the poly bag. the obi strip is whack. way too small

that's what i ended up doing. i own a few records with obi strips but not a collectors pack of multiple records and there is really no purpose of the strip if it can't fit around both records in their intended poly bags.

I wrapped each individual obi-strip around 2 records and then taped it shut & slid it off - so it fits around 2 records that aren't in poly sleeves - just think of it as a certificate of authenticity w/ the number in the edition on it - it's not meant to be super functional, who would ever need a strip around a record to begin with?

that's what i ended up doing. i own a few records with obi strips but not a collectors pack of multiple records and there is really no purpose of the strip if it can't fit around both records in their intended poly bags.

I wrapped each individual obi-strip around 2 records and then taped it shut & slid it off - so it fits around 2 records that aren't in poly sleeves - just think of it as a certificate of authenticity w/ the number in the edition on it - it's not meant to be super functional, who would ever need a strip around a record to begin with?

my obi strip most definitely does not fit around both records, even when out of the poly sleeves. Mine barely fit around one of them when I took it out of the sleeve!

my obi strip most definitely does not fit around both records, even when out of the poly sleeves. Mine barely fit around one of them when I took it out of the sleeve!

That's strange - I literally wrapped it around 2 records, sealed it, and slid it right off - so at one point it fit around 2 records

That's strange - I literally wrapped it around 2 records, sealed it, and slid it right off - so at one point it fit around 2 records

yea it is weird...I could just pull it apart and re-glue it but I'm prob not going to. Not even a big deal really, just strange.

yea it is weird...I could just pull it apart and re-glue it but I'm prob not going to. Not even a big deal really, just strange.

It's double sided tape. No glue. Just open it, put it around your records and then close back. Pretty simple to do

It's double sided tape. No glue. Just open it, put it around your records and then close back. Pretty simple to do

oh word? thanks for the tip. didn't try separating it because I didn't want to mess it up/tear it or w/e.

My 2-pack was packed perfectly...no seam splits as the vinyl was outside of the sleeves and in poly sleeves. So A+ and thanks to whoever shipped mine. They sound great too...loud and clear. It's unfortunate for those who had issues but overall I'm more than satisfied with this release and what I received.

VERY PLEASED WITH EVERYTHING!! GLAD I GOT THE 2-PACK. THANKS!! +1

my two pack looks great! bring on TEN

My friend Kyle and I are working 1-2 nights a week and both weekend days to build the wooden boxes the 2-pack will go into for these. We've got all the framing pieces cut down & routed & 45 degree angles cut and we just finished cutting down the back flat pieces. We'll be assembling the framing of boxes all weekend and sanding the back pieces to prep them for a stain and then screen printing.