Graveface Record Club

deafmx

I guess what I'm unclear about is... is there a date that we have to "pre-order" these by? Also, are they limited? Basically - am I in any rush to throw money down on these guys?

I think the point of this preorder is to fund some of them. I'd just back whatever I'm gonna want now to help the process along.

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the explanation. 

It's a shame because I'd totally do something like that, but Graveface bands are really, really hit or miss for my tastes. I really only like Appleseed Cast and BMSR, everything else isn't really my cup of tea.

It's a shame there's no way for me to get the hand poured versions of those without being RC for all those other records I'm not a huge fan of, y'know?

If you're in the RC, how does that work? Do you have a special store where you can order special variants of records, or...?

Basically, when you sign up they send you a list of available past RC releases- you pick whatever you want and they send them to you and count each as one of your ten. They send you the same stuff you would have gotten originally- example- I just signed up and got Distressor, Two Conversations, Last War, and Stargazer Lillies- all were RC versions, numbered, and came with cassettes, cd's, posters, etc. So, I now have 6 releases left in my membership.

Ahhh I see. Thanks for the explanation. 

It's a shame because I'd totally do something like that, but Graveface bands are really, really hit or miss for my tastes. I really only like Appleseed Cast and BMSR, everything else isn't really my cup of tea.

It's a shame there's no way for me to get the hand poured versions of those without being RC for all those other records I'm not a huge fan of, y'know?

Nah it's not a shame, just like the other bands. I haven't been disappointed yet.

As a RC member, I'm not seeing the benefit of 'pre-ordering' most of the stuff (Retail "Archival" releases that cost >50% more shipped than people have been buying in B&M shops already) that is going to be pressed in large numbers, except that it helps the liquidity/cash flow of a great label -- to keep the motor churning a little smoother. And keep it above water.

I know it's not like last year's at all as RG said, but am I way off the mark - what am I missing ?

Why pay now what you can get later and bundle in with Club package, except for a few things that might sell out of your size?

Oh, GF for life (knucklebump)!

Basically, when you sign up they send you a list of available past RC releases- you pick whatever you want and they send them to you and count each as one of your ten. They send you the same stuff you would have gotten originally- example- I just signed up and got Distressor, Two Conversations, Last War, and Stargazer Lillies- all were RC versions, numbered, and came with cassettes, cd's, posters, etc. So, I now have 6 releases left in my membership.

Hrm. This intrigues me more now...I'm almost definitely doing this when I get home if only to tighten up my Appleseed Cast game. Seems totally worthwhile now if I can snag Sagarmatha, Middle States, Illumnation Ritual and eventually Peregrine, Whirr - Distressor, etc.

Hrm. This intrigues me more now...I'm almost definitely doing this when I get home if only to tighten up my Appleseed Cast game. Seems totally worthwhile now if I can snag Sagarmatha, Middle States, Illumnation Ritual and eventually Peregrine, Whirr - Distressor, etc.

I don't think you can get any of those anymore, Waters are you sure you got the RC version of Distressor and Two Conversations?

Edit: Check out Dreamend!

As a RC member, I'm not seeing the benefit of 'pre-ordering' most of the stuff (Retail "Archival" releases that cost >50% more shipped than people have been buying in B&M shops already) that is going to be pressed in large numbers, except that it helps the liquidity/cash flow of a great label -- to keep the motor churning a little smoother. And keep it above water.

I know it's not like last year's at all as RG said, but am I way off the mark - what am I missing ?

Why pay now what you can get later and bundle in with Club package, except for a few things that might sell out of your size?

Oh, GF for life (knucklebump)!

Dunno what you're talking about with the pricing, but they're the same price on Kickstarter as they'd be on graveface.com

Dunno what you're talking about with the pricing, but they're the same price on Kickstarter as they'd be on graveface.com

1. Right so why pay NOW, just wait until a club shipment is being prepped? and no chance of running out

2. There are 2 releases in this or other thread that are $12 in shops vs. $19 shipped.  GF street team hit the B&Ms and get these Archivals in all the shops.

Re: the comment above on getting choice of back pressings, they really curtailed it a lot when membership was pushing 300, when re-ups drop off and they have numbered ones left, they will offer. But that's not a guarantee like Shlebs is saying.

1. Right so why pay NOW, just wait until a club shipment is being prepped? and no chance of running out

2. There are 2 releases in this or other thread that are $12 in shops vs. $19 shipped.  GF street team hit the B&Ms and get these Archivals in all the shops.

Re: the comment above on getting choice of back pressings, they really curtailed it a lot when membership was pushing 300, when re-ups drop off and they have numbered ones left, they will offer. But that's not a guarantee like Shlebs is saying.

Where did I say anything was guaranteed? $12 in shops is a really good deal I didn't know that.

Ah. Right on. I'd even take back non-RC stuff that is still in print. I know they still have black copies of Sagarmatha and some of the other AC stuff. I'd just rather not get a bunch of albums I couldn't give a shit about and then have to try to sell them to recoup that money.

Where did I say anything was guaranteed? $12 in shops is a really good deal I didn't know that.

Yeah, I think that's what that dude said earlier, Whirr- Distressor was what he picked up at 12. I got my Two Conversations at just under $16.

He did also say in this thread that he's been advised to raise prices, so these may be the new norm, but the shops got them at discount because it was before he got that advice.

Yeah, was wondering the same thing, Two Conversations was first released before the RC even started and Distressor was released about 2 years ago, so dunno..

Yeah I got an email of the back catalog of RC presses still available today since I joined 2 days ago and neither of those were on that list

Ryan seems like a pretty helpful and reasonable dude when he posts on here, so if there isn't a bunch of stuff I want from past releases, I may see if he'd be amenable to swapping in some of the Archival stuff as it comes out.

If not, I'll probably just order Archival stuff and leave off the RC for a while.

His was $12.99 I think. That won't be the norm though that's just gotta be a great shop.

My copy of Distressor was $12.99 and I'm pretty sure SwisherPrice's Appleseed Cast album was $13 or 14, which makes me think that these will have lower retail prices. The shop I picked my copy up from had two other Whirr albums that weren't part of the Archival Series and they were $15 and $16 each.