Graveface Record Club

deafmx

Greeeeeeeen. The next package is gonna be sick. Pipe Dreams + Marshmallow Ghosts + Night School!

I'm getting all this plus the Haley Bonar LP and a teal copy of Sway. It's going to be like Christmas when that package shows up.

Edit: plus the shirt. Oh man, this is going to be good!

hSZIDYi.jpg

Hot damn! Just found my stash of presumed-lost Freddy Points while preparing to move. I'll get that Graveface Gift Box yet.

I keep telling myself this, but that carrot just gets farther and farther.

I'm pretty sure I have over 180 points right now... can't bring myself to cut the one out of the Marshmallow Ghosts DVD book, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Still going to happen, but everything has been pushed back 1-2 months because of delays with the pressing plants.

Hrm, it was due in October, so 1-2 months seems optimistic at this point.

Thank you for the info, though! :) Really looking forward to that guy being reissued.

From facebook:

10411152_774631465905813_637697387900728

It only took 5 months (and that was with us skipping tests) but we FINALLY received the new 7" by The Marshmallow Ghosts. The fluorescent orange that we ordered looks pink (RC color) and they put the labels on the wrong sides for both colors (side a is side b, side b is side a). I get it URP, I'm not Jack White & because of that I can go fuck myself. That being said, the good news is the records sound really killer. As an apology for URP taking fucking forever, we're including raffle tickets in your order. DO NOT throw these away. Around Xmas I'll draw a few numbers and the winners will get tests and other fun things I have around the office. Seriously, sorry for the delay. If anyone knows where I can buy equipment to press my own records, hit me with a link. If you did not pre-order the 7" storybook yet, they are limited and there's no way in hell I'll be repressing them. Grab one here:
https://graveface.bandcamp.com/album/the-marshmallow-ghosts-corpse-reviver-no-1-vol-1

Love the Jack White part, sad, but true.

No Whirr shirt/button package, or Haley Bonar CD yet either - waiting to ship with the next megaload GF package.  It definitely has been quite atypical in the service department (more new members, and unique services with delays).

And a reminder that membership prices are going to go up significantly next year, so I'm considering re-upping a few months early, for at least another gamble.  RG has always made things right from my perspective, and I feel his heart and soul are 110% into all the projects he's got going/ dreaming of starting.  

Also from a business perspective, if he can retain 300 clubbers at say (my guess only $200/year) that is some more breathing room and closer to market value inflation that has occurred in vinyl-land.  But if the number of clubbers drops back proportionate to the price increase, and he has less clubbers to service, but income remains the same, then quality of service can go back to what it used to be.

Just thinking out loud.