The Dear Hunter - The Color Spectrum

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when did you order?

June 17

i just havent had the motivation to take on all these albums yet. it seems like such a daunting task.

i felt the same way, so i tackled it on a long travel day (flying from Detroit to Peru) and it was well worth the time it took to listen. i highly recommend listening to as much as possible at once because you really can hear the difference in vibes from color to color.

Does the box set come with a download code? I can't seem to find one in my set...

pretty sure it should have one, it's shown in the unboxing video posted by the label:

i just havent had the motivation to take on all these albums yet. it seems like such a daunting task.

With all due respect... if you're approaching the enjoyment of music - especially The Dear Hunter - as a "task" of any sort, you're probably doing it wrong.

its just a lot of music, and i usually dont have the attention span for 2 and a half hours of one collection.

id go on, but im far too high, and i would just come off as a pretentious ass who likes the band more because im friends with a former member... but without that intent at all.

No worries. I made sure to listen to the whole thing - from start to finish - for my first listen or two. And it is a lot of music, but I guess I just picked times where I was in the mood for new TDH jams, and had time to kill. Since then, though, I've found it much more convenient to rotate the EPs... whether I'm in iTunes or on my turntable, obviously.

Pretty awesome that you're friends with a former member of the band, though. Mind if I ask who it was?

eric serna. he was a long time guitarist, and worked on the color spectrum before leaving.

he went to high school with my ex, so he hooked her up with photo passes a few times, got us backstage when they played with brand new.. i miss all that.

but hes got a solo thing going on if anyones interested.