PO Thursday No Devolución Up at Kings Road

Hi all, first post EVER!!!!

Anyways i was at the instore on release day also, i actually thought that pic of the signed copy was my pic of it i posted on FB. haha.

This album sounds absolutley incredible on vinyl. i had only heard the low quality stream previously and i was kind of 'meh' on it, but i listened to this three times last night!

(using envy - recitation to mix it up between album plays)

all of the band were really nice, and i thought i saw Adam Vass from La Dispute but said to myself 'nah, that dont make sense' i tweeted him and asked if he were there. yes he was. im an idiot. good artist and in an amazing band, wouldve been nice to get a pic with him or at least say hi!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways i was at the instore on release day also, i actually thought that pic of the signed copy was my pic of it i posted on FB. haha.

This album sounds absolutley incredible on vinyl. i had only heard the low quality stream previously and i was kind of 'meh' on it, but i listened to this three times last night!

all of the band were really nice, and i thought i saw Adam Vass from La Dispute but said to myself 'nah, that dont make sense' i tweeted him and asked if he were there. yes he was. im an idiot. good artist and in an amazing band, wouldve been nice to get a pic with him or at least say hi!

Welcome to the board. Why you got beef with philly?

Welcome to the board. Why you got beef with philly?

Cuz why the fuck not? Fuck philly.

I'm still not 100% sold on this record. I keep waiting for it to rock really hard but it just gets more lilty and Godspeed-y with every track. Maybe it's unfair to expect maturing bands to get harder since it never seems to happen.

Anyway, the clear is /1000, right? Curious if I should pick it up now or hold off. I prefer the etching on the clear to the one on my white and might swap it out at some point.

I'm still not 100% sold on this record. I keep waiting for it to rock really hard but it just gets more lilty and Godspeed-y with every track. Maybe it's unfair to expect maturing bands to get harder since it never seems to happen.

Anyway, the clear is /1000, right? Curious if I should pick it up now or hold off. I prefer the etching on the clear to the one on my white and might swap it out at some point.

Clear is /500 just like the white.

When I was first listening to this album I thought the whole thing was really mellow. The more I listen to it the heavier it seems. I guess I just notice a lot more "rocking" parts the more I listen.

As someone who was converted to Thursday solely by "Jet Black New Year," I'm probably not the best judge of what this band is capable of. I just keep waiting for them to rock that hard again because I know they can do it if they want to and don't understand why anyone would want to rock less.

I guess that explains why I get out of a lot of bands though. A song or album will hit me at the right time and place and nothing else will ever compare but I still get disappointed because I know they're capable of it. It's as much about me changing as the band changing, I know, but I can't shake it.

Sorry I just Doogie Howser'd this thread!

• 3 weeks later...
So has anyone heard anything about the limited edition CD? I know it was postponed a while ago, but they made it sound like it was just a temporary snag.

Yeah Thursday tweeted last week that they received the shipment and were putting them all together and getting the girl(forget her name) that designed them to sign them all.

Guess they won't be too far away!

• 3 weeks later...

I know this isn't the current album but I just picked up War All The Time for $15 at Reckless.com and I want to celebrate. It was purchased online so it may or may not have been in stock when I placed the order but I have high hopes that it will come in the mail soon. Cross your fingers for me, people!

I know this isn't the current album but I just picked up War All The Time for $15 at Reckless.com and I want to celebrate. It was purchased online so it may or may not have been in stock when I placed the order but I have high hopes that it will come in the mail soon. Cross your fingers for me, people!

So never mind this shit. It sold before my order was placed. Fucking hell. :(

I was going to say. Were you referring to the CD or LP? Finding a vinyl copy, today, for $15 [that's still in stock] would be borderline impossible.

It was a used LP. Its from a physical record store that posts their inventory online. It was $15 and it sold before I placed my order. Fucking huge disappointment. Not happy about it at all.

If you're still in Chicago, why not just call and have them hold it? I do it all the time.

I was going to say. Were you referring to the CD or LP? Finding a vinyl copy, today, for $15 [that's still in stock] would be borderline impossible.

The House of Guitars in Rochester has a sealed copy but I didn't get it because I'm a doofus/was blinded by the beauty that is Opeth's "Ghost Reveries" on vinyl. Thought about getting it but for some reason thought it was not too rare. Dumb.

It was a used LP. Its from a physical record store that posts their inventory online. It was $15 and it sold before I placed my order. Fucking huge disappointment. Not happy about it at all.

If you're still in Chicago, why not just call and have them hold it? I do it all the time.

I have a feeling that by the time I ordered it was already gone. I thought of that but I was at work and took my chances with it being still available at the time I ordered and lasting until they checked the online orders but of course the inventory only updates every next morning on the site and it could have been there still and I may have gotten it if I had gone that route. Imagine how pissed I am that I didn't do that.

The nice thing is, they put my name on the item to be called when they get another one it...if that ever happens.