When Bands You Love Release Albums You Hate

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i considered adding weezer to my post, but it didnt feel necessary.

tbs too. i still like about half of louder now, but jesus was new again terrible

this one will throw off continuity, but whatever. kevin devine - bad books

as far as bands i hate releasing albums i love..

i was a huge hater of hellogoodbye and panic until zombies and pretty odd. still dont really like panic at all, but there were a few good tracks on there.

Millencolin - Machine 15 (grew up with this band as favourite band, even liked Kingwood, can't stand this)

MxPx - Anything from within the last couple years. haha.

New Found Glory - Not Without A Fight (liked everything up to this, I just find this kinda bland and boring)

Alkaline Trio - This Addiction (I even like A&I, don't like this one though, except Dan's songs, that are incredible as usual)

Rise Against - Anything after RPM.

I think I got through Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown once. Never again.

Weezer - Make Believe

Weezer - Weezer (Red Album)

Weezer - Raditude

Weezer - Hurley

Weezer broke up in 2004.

haha nice

also I might be one of the few people who don't hate Daisy. Granted I think it's a piss poor effort on their part but trying to compete with the quality of TDAG and Deja couldn't have been easy and I think they collapsed under the pressure.

Or they genuinely hate their fans. Whichever you prefer.

Far - At Night We Live - just so bad compared to their earlier work

Motion City Soundtrack - Even If It Kills Me - Some of the songs and lyrics just make me cringe

Mae - Singularity - There's a reason they hardly touched this album on their past few tours.

If we're talking a band that just released a fluke album then I'd say Foo Fighters - One by One - sucks compared to their other stuff.

Motion City Soundtrack - Even If It Kills Me - Some of the songs and lyrics just make me cringe

Mae - Singularity - There's a reason they hardly touched this album on their past few tours.

If we're talking a band that just released a fluke album then I'd say Foo Fighters - One by One - sucks compared to their other stuff.

It took a long time but I eventually got to really liking One By One. Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace doesn't do much for me though.

The Worst Part is the best song on that album, and it's not even on that album.

And what about this: bands you hate release album you love? ;D

i'll play this one.

brand new - the devil and god are blah blah blah.

hated their first album. liked maybe 3 songs off their second.

this one blew me away though, i even ordered the lp because i love it so much.

oh, i didn't like Daisy much either, but it's more tolerable than their early work.

Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light

oh, c'mon!

what jimmy did you get into?

i'm a static prevails / clarity lover, so bleed american and futures were a load of crap to me, but chase this light i really enjoyed, it felt like they were back home for a little while. invented is easily their worst record now, it is so fucking lazy and boring.

Anberlin - New Surrender

Couldn't get into it at all.. So I haven't listened to the new one, either. I'll give it a chance eventually. Or something.

I'm with kittonmittons.. I don't get the Daisy hate. It wasn't going to measure up to TDaG, but surely nobody was actually expecting it to?

My Chemical Romance - Danger Days etc

Could never stand this band, but holy balls that album's good. My friend sent me the leak when it first went around, and I swear I listened to it 20+ times that week.

i'll play this one.

brand new - the devil and god are blah blah blah.

hated their first album. liked maybe 3 songs off their second.

this one blew me away though, i even ordered the lp because i love it so much.

oh, i didn't like Daisy much either, but it's more tolerable than their early work.

Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light

oh, c'mon!

what jimmy did you get into?

i'm a static prevails / clarity lover, so bleed american and futures were a load of crap to me, but chase this light i really enjoyed, it felt like they were back home for a little while. invented is easily their worst record now, it is so fucking lazy and boring.

I never listened to static prevails too much, but I enjoy everything other than most of chase this light and the first 4 tracks off of invented.