Dredg - Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a big dredg fan, and I didn't like this at all..

still waiting on El Cielo and Catch Without Arms vinyl. after their shitty attitude when they played with Circa Survive, i'm not sure i'm that much into them at all anymore.

Really want those on vinyl too, and i saw them play with Rx Bandits same attitude. Still love these guys though.

after their shitty attitude when they played with Circa Survive, i'm not sure i'm that much into them at all anymore.

what happened ?

basically the same shitty attitude during their whole set and on the entire tour. they played one new song and it did nothing for me. i'm still curious to hear this album but i'm not rushing out to get it.

Gavin was just generally angry and ripping out his earpiece, pissed off about his guitar not working right, the crowd being deadpan and not caring about them (as a good 20 people are rocking out and singing along to everything, including myself). he kept saying something to the effect of "man, this is work. work sucks". like it was a chore and too much like a job to be playing for us that night. there's more stories on the traversing dredg board but i can't remember the dates as it's been 6 months since the show(s).

i mean, yeah, i saw Circa open for Dredg in 2005 and it's come full circle. Dredg still can headline a tour. if they want to act like they're above opening for them, they why do the tour?

This band has unfortunately went to shit. Had high hopes when I heard Dan the Automator was involved. I remember how impressed I was with Leitmotif back in 2000 when I first heard it. Really like El Cielo as well. Haven't cared for anything after those 2 albums. I'm one of the few that absolutely hates Catch Without Arms.

i saw dredg a few months before their Pariah album came out, and they didn't have any attitude at all.

a really rad instrumental, orchestral-metal band called Judgement Day opened, and they were super rad.

dredg actually seemed quite happy to be there. they put on an amazing show, and even had the kids from Judgement Day come on stage and play a few songs with them.

i'm sure every band that does it for the $$$ has to play a shitty gig every once in awhile, but i agree it's not very professional to bitch about it on stage.

it wasn't just our show, it was more than a few dates on the tour opening for Circa Survive. i've seen dredg tons of times over the years. it was more than annoying to hear them (Gavin) bitch and complain about playing a show while opening for Circa Survive. the set they played here with Judgement Day was pretty boring too (so were Sunbears), their last album wasn't very good besides a couple songs. i don't have high expectations about this album but i still like dredg.

Judgement Day was the best part of that show too. easily.

it wasn't just our show, it was more than a few dates on the tour opening for Circa Survive. i've seen dredg tons of times over the years. it was more than annoying to hear them (Gavin) bitch and complain about playing a show while opening for Circa Survive. the set they played here with Judgement Day was pretty boring too (so were Sunbears), their last album wasn't very good besides a couple songs. i don't have high expectations about this album but i still like dredg.

Judgement Day was the best part of that show too. easily.

sunbears had a damn good drummer, tho.

El Cielo has always kind of been my jam, but I really don't mind the rest of their work. I believe I snagged Pariah for $5 through an Amazon special, a few months back. I think it was worth it.

I try not to allow opinions to prematurely determine my verdict on an album. Especially if they're from people who've only played the album once, and immediately compare it to the rest of the band's work. Which seems to be almost everyone, sadly. But for what it's worth, the common opinion seems to be that Chuckles is just... bad. Or mediocre at best. I'll be saving my own opinion for an official listen, when something of quality surfaces.