City & Colour • Sometimes : The Thread

Official pre-orders. When?

I know there are all kinds of threads popping up about the RSD release, but let's put that aside for a moment. There have been many-a-suggestive posts [and even Facebook spottings] of an official - presumably far more accessible - press of this album. I was exceptionally happy with the way Bring Me Your Love was handled, and I get a little giddy at the idea of similar quality poured into an official Sometimes release.

No doubt that it'd be cool to own one of the 500 silkscreen covers. But I think a lot of people are simply infatuated with the RSD release (and the idea of blowing $100+ on it) simply because they want the album.

Theoretical spot-gloss, gatefold packaging. 180 gram colored LPs... available in a few sexy variants. Maybe some liner notes or fancy sleeves. The possibilities are as endless as they are beautiful, and the idea that everyone can make it happen for $25 will be great.

Waiting on justindinealone (or anyone else) to spill the beans on this thing, since it seems to be right around the corner. Is there anyone else who'd be just as happy with a fully-fleshed press over the RSD exclusive copies? Or am I the only one?

Just food for thought.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that they're even going to do colored variants, what are some options you'd be interested in seeing? The cover seems like it'd be pretty versatile with wax combinations... assuming that they even use the usual art. Call me spoiled, but I'd love to see 180 gram vinyl in any of these options.

[image]

• Clear. I've always been a sucker for clear wax. Seems to work with any release.

• Translucent amber. Just to go with the overall feel of the background.

• LP1: clear ruby. LP2: clear teal. The two colors that immediately pop out and catch your eye.

Pipe dreams.