Paramore-AWKIF exclusive RED vinyl @ HT

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cewillm

King of Prussia didn't have it, but they had Glassjaw ??? So they got new stuff in, just not AWKIF.

Regardless I picked up Silverstein's new album so it wasn't a total bum deal. But now I remember why I fucking hate going into retail stores like HT and FYE. After I waited 10 minutes for the three school-skipping kiddos in front of me to doll out their dollar bills to pay for rubber band bracelets, the cashier got huffy and puffy and offended when I didn't want a HT we-have-all-of-your-information store card.

But it saves you money, duuuude! ::)

King of Prussia didn't have it, but they had Glassjaw ??? So they got new stuff in, just not AWKIF.

Regardless I picked up Silverstein's new album so it wasn't a total bum deal. But now I remember why I fucking hate going into retail stores like HT and FYE. After I waited 10 minutes for the three school-skipping kiddos in front of me to doll out their dollar bills to pay for rubber band bracelets, the cashier got huffy and puffy and offended when I didn't want a HT we-have-all-of-your-information store card.

But it saves you money, duuuude! ::)

In all fairness, being one who has to sign people up for cards like that (I don't work at HT), their card is pretty bad ass and rarely do I get things from them. It just replaced that silly stamp card that everyone lost. I can't count how many times I've received 15% off coupons from it!

Travis, who did HT hire to press this? It's probably the biggest piece of shit I've ever bought. It's got a split seam, ring wear, and the disc is scratched and has excess slivers of vinyl on it. It needs to go through a RCM before it will even play. And I don't even want to know how warped it is!

HT didnt hire anyone haha. I just worked with the label and they did an exclusive repress. Call HT customer service and tell them what happened, you should be able to return it for a good copy.

Guest cewillm

I was confused about your exact position, thanks for clearing it up. I mean it's not worth returning but it sucks I have to pull out the RCM just to play it. I'm not really worried about the packaging.

Guest cewillm

Thanks again Travis and sorry for my earlier rude remarks. This copy is great and I think I'm going to retire my first pressing now.

A dumb story: when I put the album on, the thing sounded terrible. The bass drum was distorted on every thump, the bass guitar was nearly absent from the mix, and Hayley's vocals were "out there" in a bad way (not in the good, wide soundstage, way). I put on my "Riot" LP to see if I could replicate it. Nope. I put on some Wings (first thing I could grab) to replicate it. Nope. I played with tracking force and VTA and couldn't fix it. It turns out that, for whatever reason, the title track was mixed/mastered in a way that showed the flaws of my alignment with my brand new cartridge. I pulled out the ol' protractor, tracking force gauge, and screwdriver and re-aligned my cart. It now sounds GORGEOUS.

Sometimes I have to say "fuck the haters" because I really love Hayley's vocals and Josh's/Taylor's guitar work. John Hembree's bass parts aren't too bad, either, but I really prefer Jeremy.

Guest cewillm
I was surprised how good this sounded considering how bad the original recording is. Love the album, always hated the recording. Pretty lifeless if you asked me. The songs' catchiness always made up for it though!

I'm curious to know what the original recordings are? I remember seeing the Pressure music video with the autotuned vocals (lol), but I never heard any other, pro-recorded early AWKIF.