Osama Bin Laden

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing has changed, the same thing happens when one single man dies. nothing, we're still in Afghanistan, we still fought a pointless war in Iraq. Old men still send young men to their deaths. its a story as old as time.\

a bad man is dead. nothing more. nothing less.

Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out...and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel. ..And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man"--with his mouth.

Mark Twain

I saw video of Amazonian monkeys gearing up for war, so we're not the ONLY ones...

Jesus Christ...

[Girl I know]

Fuck you obama...bin laden might be dead but not once did that fag thank the troops that actually went in there. stupid fucker.

53 minutes ago via Mobile Web · Like ·

8 people like this.

[someone I don't know] He also made it sound like he planned the mission, he's a douche

19 minutes ago · Like

Matt Miller ‎"Over the last 10 years, thanks to the tireless and heroic work of our military and our counterterrorism professionals, we've made great strides in that effort. ...

"Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who've worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice.

"We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country...."

Nope, no where did he say thank you.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew....h-in-full.ht ml

about a minute ago · Like

Jesus Christ...

[Girl I know]

Fuck you obama...bin laden might be dead but not once did that fag thank the troops that actually went in there. stupid fucker.

53 minutes ago via Mobile Web · Like ·

People are stupid. The President is always aware of what his Special OPS is doing. Nixon knews his OPS were in on Allende in Chile, Carter with his OPS in Afghanistan, Reagan with his OPS in Nicaragua and Central America, Bush I and his OPS in both Panama and the Middle East...etc etc.

With that said its not wrong to celebrate Bin Laden's death and he was a piece of shit responsible for the murders of many including Muslims, but I'm not celebrating because I find the circumstances surrounding his death and burial strange. He got what he deserved, but a "War on Terror" is still a sham. This is the start of something darker...

Trying to strike a balance here but think about it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/40-incredibly-dumb-facebook-reactions-to-osama-bin

anyone else thinking we're even more likely to face reaction now? not because al queda is pissed that we killed him (they knew it would happen one day..), but because the ignorance of our country seems to be magnified to an all-time high over this?

--i celebrated last night. i loved every second of the whole media/social media ordeal, i was happy to be plugged in while it all unfolded, and it just felt awesome to have reason to be a proud american for a change. 9/11 brought us together in a terrible terrible way. and this was a nice reminder of that, because we triumphed.

but its shocking how fucking stupid... HOW FUCKING STUPID... so many people truly are. and i dont want to sound like im someone who has any clue whats really going on in this world. ill come forward right now with no shame, and say im ignorant myself. but i at least like to think i have enough fucking sense to keep my mouth shut and not parade it around.

also... not exactly thrilled that ive already experienced anxiety over flying next month (the first time in 21 years..) and now i can once again worry about an outside shot of terrorism. come onnnn.

and this was a nice reminder of that, because we triumphed.

it blows my mind that people say things like this.

you think killing a single man who has been merely a figurehead for the last several years in a wide reaching ever changing organization is a 'triumph'?

taking a life out of revenge is never a triumph.

were not cheering because someone was killed. its osama bin laden. the worst person in existence up until may 1st 2011.

quit being such a fucking downer, and allow people to rejoice over something that i honestly think we deserve to. 9/11 fucked up EVERYTHING, and this is the first time in nearly 10 years that weve had any excuse whatsoever to be happy as a country.

for a couple hours, it wiped out all the bullshit thoughts of $4 gas prices, a fucking birth certificate, unemployment rates, etc.

this doesnt change a damn thing. but at least it feels good.

were not cheering because someone was killed. its osama bin laden. the worst person in existence up until may 1st 2011.

quit being such a fucking downer, and allow people to rejoice over something that i honestly think we deserve to. 9/11 fucked up EVERYTHING, and this is the first time in nearly 10 years that weve had any excuse whatsoever to be happy as a country.

for a couple hours, it wiped out all the bullshit thoughts of $4 gas prices, a fucking birth certificate, unemployment rates, etc.

this doesnt change a damn thing. but at least it feels good.

speak for yourself when you say that it feels good. did you even read the article i posted written by a 9/11 widower?

you wanna be all 'AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!' but then in the same breath, tell me to stop talking about my opinion, which is just as valid as yours, and one of the freedoms that this country offers.

you think killing a single man who has been merely a figurehead for the last several years in a wide reaching ever changing organization is a 'triumph'?

Dude was unquestionably the leader of the organization still. if you're reading the reactions from the top counterterrorist guys he usually had final approval on most of the big attacks.

the problem becomes now. once the head is cut off. what happens?

Dude was unquestionably the leader of the organization still. if you're reading the reactions from the top counterterrorist guys he usually had final approval on most of the big attacks.

the problem becomes now. once the head is cut off. what happens?

there haven't been any major attacks from them since 2005.

and al quaida is such that if you strike one down, ten more will just spring up somewhere. annoying.

i totally agree. people who celebrate shit like this are neanderthals. dude's death, it should bring closure to those who lost loved ones. but that's pretty much it. i weep for humanity.

i totally agree. people who celebrate shit like this are neanderthals. dude's death, it should bring closure to those who lost loved ones. but that's pretty much it. i weep for humanity.

thank you.

im not speaking for myself when i say it feels good.

last night i watched cnn as 30 people outside the white house turned into masses.

i immersed myself in twitter, at a time when there were a reported 4,000 tweets per second.

i watched video of students at umass celebrating the same way we did when the sox won in 04.

i watched john cena win the wwe title, stand on the announcers table, and let the crowd know what happened, with a USA chant breaking out within seconds.

i watched the mets and phillies go to 14 innings in front of a crowd of New York and Pennsylvania fans.

America celebrated last night. it felt good.

this may have been the tip of the ice berg- but everything you and that article are touting are simply the rest of the berg that we all seem to ignore as it remains under water.

no ones denying that terrible terrible shit has occurred leading up to this. but why rain on the parade?

like i said- its the first time in a decade that we have anything to be happy about.