PO: I Can Make A Mess - Gold Rush LP

I just read through the whole thread! The guy who runs ADR is a fucking tool! He's very present on the ap.net board and even in the leak thread, he freaked out the night Ace's record leaked and blew the thread up asking that no one post the leak. He's downloaded many many leaks but when it affects him and his business he freaks out! I completely understand that, but don't steal music, admit to stealing music, then ask others not to do the same. I was going to order the new album but now fuck that guy and his business!

so has anyone confronted this dude via the ap forum about the status of this release yet? I was going to press it(spoke to ace via email) about a week before this dude came around and then all of a sudden he throws up a pre order when ace was "in the process" of figuring what he wanted to do. That being said, I did not pre order it cause it seemed shady to me therefore i am very curious how this is all going to play out.

on a side note, Hows the quality of "the graduate"record/packaging for anyone who has received it so far?

I just read through the whole thread! The guy who runs ADR is a fucking tool! He's very present on the ap.net board and even in the leak thread, he freaked out the night Ace's record leaked and blew the thread up asking that no one post the leak. He's downloaded many many leaks but when it affects him and his business he freaks out! I completely understand that, but don't steal music, admit to stealing music, then ask others not to do the same. I was going to order the new album but now fuck that guy and his business!

so has anyone confronted this dude via the ap forum about the status of this release yet? I was going to press it(spoke to ace via email) about a week before this dude came around and then all of a sudden he throws up a pre order when ace was "in the process" of figuring what he wanted to do. That being said, I did not pre order it cause it seemed shady to me therefore i am very curious how this is all going to play out.

people have definitely confronted him over on ap.net but it seems he brushes off all the criticism and complaints by saying i don't care, i can do whatever i want. i made a comment over there when this was first announced basically saying $30 is too much, which quite a few people agreed with. so he went ahead and reported me for bullying, and the mods sent me a PM saying something along the lines of don't make negative comments towards someone who is releasing music and giving back to the community, and gave me some infraction points too. whatever those are.

it also seems like he has a lot of weight over there too because i know there were a few comments/complaints directed at him that were curiously deleted, even one of my posts quoting the initial comment were removed. i think two different threads were made asking for updates on this record, which eventually turned into people bitching, and those threads were first locked and then deleted. it's funny because i'm pretty sure he doesn't have an account here just so he doesnt have to deal with more negative criticism, even though it might help him sell some records.

i really wish you could have pressed this album ETR because you would have done a much better job of handling all aspects of it.

on a side note, Hows the quality of "the graduate"record/packaging for anyone who has received it so far?

I personally don't care enough to do it, I don't know the whole story but I remember the leak thread over there being really hostile the night the new ICMAMLNB (or what ever it's called) leaked.

I personally don't care enough to do it, I don't know the whole story but I remember the leak thread over there being really hostile the night the new ICMAMLNB (or what ever it's called) leaked.

every album leaks and in his case, he didnt pay to record the album(a kickstarter funded by ace himself did), I was personally interested in buying it and was waiting for the album to leak to see if it was worth paying $30 for. The whole situation just seems absurd.

i just realized this guy runs his "label" mainly through twitter, absolutepunk and his limtedpressing store. he doesnt even have a dedicated email account of any kind set up or his own website. they only way to get in contact with him is through twitter or fill out the standard contact form on limitedpressing.

the idiot most likely didn't even do a simple google search to see if the name he wanted to use was already in use by another label, and it turns out the name is already taken...

i just realized this guy runs his "label" mainly through twitter, absolutepunk and his limtedpressing store. he doesnt even have a dedicated email account of any kind set up or his own website. they only way to get in contact with him is through twitter or fill out the standard contact form on limitedpressing.

the idiot most likely didn't even do a simple google search to see if the name he wanted to use was already in use by another label, and it turns out the name is already taken...

Yea, i noticed that....I actually really like the label name also

according to a comment he made in a thread over on absolutepunk, there is suppose to be an announce made today with updates about this. possibly in the form of a newsletter sent out to people. i'm highly skeptical an update will actually happen today. either way it will be hilarious to see what happens once July 1 hits and these are still nowhere near ready to ship out.

First things first. Unfortunately, the I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business Gold Rush records aren't ready to ship yet. Don't worry, nothing went catastrophically wrong, there was no plant meltdown, there are no serious issues holding back the release. The only issue is that things ended up taking a bit longer than we expected, and in the world of vinyl, timing is everything. Right now it's looking like we're around 30 days from sending these out to you guys, it could be more, it could be less. The only thing that we could have done different was to not announce the vinyl release when we did, and that wasn't ideal as we wanted it to coincide with the original Gold Rush release date. Which, I have to say, worked out great. You guys tore through the pre-orders and are still buying the two colors we have left. We truly appreciate the support you've shown, and we assure you that the final product will be more than worth the wait. We'll have more updates coming soon, we'll have some pictures of how rad these things look, and we'll be doing a test pressing contest or two, so don't fret.

As for The Graduate, I'll keep it short and sweet. The Forest Green Marble variant of Only Every Time is almost gone. Buy a copy if you haven't already, it's never too early to get that Christmas shopping started. Oh yeah, we have an announcement to make regarding the band pretty soon. Anyone in Baltimore read any good books lately?

Lastly, we'd like to thank you for the support shown during our charity auction for the storm relief aid efforts. We still have some items left here, and the whole thing has already been a great success. Huge thanks to Clifton Motel Records and all the bands and artists that were gracious enough to donate items and time to help out.

You'll be hearing from us soon.

so these won't be ready until close to August. i love the reason behind him putting up pre orders so early, "we wanted it to coincide with the original gold rush release date." did this tool ever think he could just announce he was getting this pressed on vinyl and not actually launch pre-orders till later on.

I totally see why some of you are frustrated. There was no release date on when they would be shipped was there? If not its our own faults for ordering. (If there was a release date, this is irrelevant, I honestly don't remember if there was or there wasn't when I ordered).

i don't think there was ever an official release date, as in scheduled for release xx/xx/xxxx. but the idiot who runs the "label" said by the end on of June if not sooner since day one, and he adamantly stood by that date/timeline till a few hours ago when he made the update, when the calendar forced his hand and his foot could go no further in his mouth.

I'll be totally honest with you; I don't care what certain people say about how I should or shouldn't run my label, how I should conduct my business, or how I should manage a release. I am going to make sure this release gets the treatment it deserves, and that the final product is something both I and the band are extremely proud of. It will be limited, special, and it will be fucking rad. In an age where physical media is often neglected, I want to be the exception to the rule.

- http://americandreamrecords.limitedpressing.com/news/658

So basically - he has no regard for the people buying his records and their concerns or questions. As long they are still buying his releases. Got it.

I'll be totally honest with you; I don't care what certain people say about how I should or shouldn't run my label, how I should conduct my business, or how I should manage a release. I am going to make sure this release gets the treatment it deserves, and that the final product is something both I and the band are extremely proud of. It will be limited, special, and it will be fucking rad. In an age where physical media is often neglected, I want to be the exception to the rule.

- http://americandreamrecords.limitedpressing.com/news/658

So basically - he has no regard for the people buying his records and their concerns or questions. As long they are still buying his releases. Got it.

For for those we dont want to click the link,in short this guy is a total douche. He is putting out another release without any real questions being answered on the last one and people having their money tied up for months now..statement is below

As you may or may not have heard by now, our friends in The Graduate have announced that they will be going on an indefinite hiatus. You can read more about it here.

Trust me, I am as bummed out by this as the rest of you are. It has been a privilege to work with this band for both their first vinyl release and for our own, with Only Every Time, and I cannot express enough thanks to them for having the confidence in us to take on that task. They are, and always will be, a sincere, humble, and gracious band that always gave back more than they were given. For the music they have made, and for the opportunity they have given me, I personally want to say thank you. I have been a huge fan of these guys for a long, long time, and I wish I could find a better way to express how meaningful it has been to work with a band I admire and enjoy so much.

However, the band will be doing a series of farewell shows to wrap up their career late this summer. I am also extremely proud to announce that we will be pressing Anhedonia on vinyl in the very near future. Things have been in the works for some time now, but I won't say too much yet, and I won't give any more concrete estimate of a pre-order or final release date. I'll be totally honest with you; I don't care what certain people say about how I should or shouldn't run my label, how I should conduct my business, or how I should manage a release. I am going to make sure this release gets the treatment it deserves, and that the final product is something both I and the band are extremely proud of. It will be limited, special, and it will be fucking rad. In an age where physical media is often neglected, I want to be the exception to the rule.

That is the goal I strive for in every release I have done, am doing, and will do in the future. With the recent developments regarding The Graduate, there is an even greater sense of responsibility, opportunity, and desire to craft something that everyone involved will be extremely proud of, and that the fans will be excited to own.

I thank you for your support, and I thank The Graduate for their confidence.

Support the bands you love. We need the music they make. They need us. Now more than ever.

- Joe