Blue Valentine Soundtrack???

Alright, If you have not seen this movie, do so...

secondly..why has this soundtrack not been released on vinyl...I know that Lakeshore records is the label that released it...but I don't know if they do record pressing

Go listen to the song You And Me by Penny and the Quarters -

http://www.indieshuffle.com/penny-the-quarters-you-and-me/#!

This needs to be pressed....somebody make it happen!!

I would but I do not have the cash unfortunately...

You and Me is on the Prix Label Numero Group compilation

thanks for the help man, it still doesn't have ryan gosling singing you always hurt the ones you love though...honestly I would buy the vinyl soundtrack just for that...

I will definetly be buying this compilation though,

awsome!!

I probably should have looked a little harder before I posted this, but if anyone else cannot live without that song...like me...here is a link to buy the 45

http://www.numerogroup.com/catalog_detail.php?uid=01228

It only came to 7 bucks...totally worth it

+1 to httran for the help

definitely will pick this up. love the movie and the soundtrack. thanks!

i made a rule about buying 7 inches...no more 7 inches...i almost broke it for this...was close...

you should break your rule and get it, just because it is a miracle this song is even around and just by chance in the movie. I guess it was bought at an estate sale in columbus OH, and then sold to the numero group who then pressed it. then Ryan Gosling just happened to hear it when Blue Valentine was being made and suggested to the director that they should use it in the movie...

They have no idea who anyone in Penny and the Quarters are, and probably never will

It is just amazing to me that a song that was recorded in the mid 70s...has been in storage since then and just happened to be found in time to appear in this movie...and it worked so perfectly

This crazy story made it worth the 7 bucks for me...plus the song is just incredible

You and Me is on the Prix Label Numero Group compilation

thanks for the help man, it still doesn't have ryan gosling singing you always hurt the ones you love though...honestly I would buy the vinyl soundtrack just for that...

I will definetly be buying this compilation though,

awsome!!

Numero Group is an amazing label...you should definitely check out their other Eccentric Soul compilations if you're into this sound. Topnotch music and packaging. There are some really amazing tracks by groups that are/were virtually unknown.

Also, no one actually knows who was in Penny and the Quarters. The Numero Group people have actually been trying to track them down and compensate them for the song's recent spurt in popularity.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I probably should have looked a little harder before I posted this, but if anyone else cannot live without that song...like me...here is a link to buy the 45

http://www.numerogroup.com/catalog_detail.php?uid=01228

It only came to 7 bucks...totally worth it

+1 to httran for the help

dang went to buy the 7" and looks sold out now. I was a year too late