Academy Fight Song test presses on eBay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone should find out how much they make from selling all of these today.

definetly not as much as I thought they would. the Blink test presses he put up for that charity auction a while back went for like $900 or something. People got some good deals on these auctions

and that FYS Test is ridiculous. I really hope the winner pays.

Also looks like lazylabradorrecords was the first bidder on the approved Brand New Test, so im glad hopefully it went to someone who really wanted it!

I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't partner with LimitedPressing for these auctions. It would have been a great advertising opportunity for LP and RJ wouldn't have to shell out the eBay fees - just the Paypal ones. Probably would have provided some linearity for the AFS/MTS webstore, too. I realize he probably went with eBay for the wider exposure. But collectors would have sought him out.

Got the Walter solo album test for $26. So stoked cause I LOVE that record (although apparently I'm in the minority)

AFS, if you're doing his next solo record, I would do a split release with you guys so your loss margin will be less.

congrats! i was seriously considering bidding on that, but i already shelled out this week for a silver jews test and deftones ATF, so my vinyl budget is shot for the time being. great fucking album!

Got the Walter solo album test for $26. So stoked cause I LOVE that record (although apparently I'm in the minority)

AFS, if you're doing his next solo record, I would do a split release with you guys so your loss margin will be less.

congrats! i was seriously considering bidding on that, but i already shelled out this week for a silver jews test and deftones ATF, so my vinyl budget is shot for the time being. great fucking album!

Thank you for not bidding haha. I was prepared to spend whatever it took and just put it on my credit card. My future self thanks you.

Thank you for not bidding haha. I was prepared to spend whatever it took and just put it on my credit card. My future self thanks you.

ha, i would have set you back another few bucks at the most. glad to know i would have lost anyway!

I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't partner with LimitedPressing for these auctions. It would have been a great advertising opportunity for LP and RJ wouldn't have to shell out the eBay fees - just the Paypal ones. Probably would have provided some linearity for the AFS/MTS webstore, too. I realize he probably went with eBay for the wider exposure. But collectors would have sought him out.

agreed. a bunch of P+P test presses (MDAM, etc.) went for appropriate value on The Old LP not too long ago.

• 2 weeks later...
i dunno where ur getting that info from, but im the high bidder on fys

yeh not fys (yet) but a bunch of the kevin devine stuff and some of the others the high bidder has the same feedback number as lazylabrador and they have tons of overpriced kd stuff listed already so...

at least ur the high bidder on the black/red. and i just noticed you were selling a KD record also haha