Fucked...Yet again. ***Updated***

So I have a number of mail order issues right now.

But I recently realized I hadn't received the copy of The Loved Ones 10" on splatter I won on e-bay on February 12. So I wrote the dude and he claimed he mailed it out later that week. So, it's clear I'm just not getting it. I don't think the guy is scamming me until he writes and says he feels so bad he'll sell me another copy at a discounted $20ppd rate. That'd be over $50 total I'd be giving this guy for one record. I politely decline. I don't know if I should file a complaint, the dude can't prove he shipped shit, but I don't want to just assume either. ???

The larger problem is I'm starting to get worried someone is stealing my office mail. I don't know for sure but there's a ton of stuff that just hasn't shown up (including a second PIB order from Rivalry that I placed the same time as my first). I'm really just not sure what's up with my mail lately.

im kinda in the same boat. im waiting on 2 packages. 1 from canada, and the other from somewhere in the states.

and when it seems like my mail should be at my place it shows up like 1-2 weeks after i had paid for it.

i understand media mail takes long, i blame the post office on most of these.

i get worried, it's vinly! :-/

oh and you should really try to get your money form this dude. wait it out till the 45 day time limit (i think thats what paypal gives you)

There might be a logical reason, but why ship it to your office mail? I don't think that could be a good idea.

I live in a condo complex, with two package boxes. If the package boxes are full the mailman leaves it on your door step. That means it just sits out there for hours before I get home. Also, people did steal mail at my old place, so I just had mail delivered at work, and kept it up when I moved.

The mail people at my work at just two admins (small office 50 people) and they know I get a ton of stuff so they're surprised I haven't gotten anything lately either.

i shipped some records out of canada to the states on february 7th and they just got them the other day so there might be a delay with the post office... if you file a complaint its no big deal, if it shows up you can cancel it but if it doesnt then ebay charges the total (shipping included i think) to his credit card and gives it to you

There might be a logical reason, but why ship it to your office mail? I don't think that could be a good idea.

I live in a condo complex, with two package boxes. If the package boxes are full the mailman leaves it on your door step. That means it just sits out there for hours before I get home. Also, people did steal mail at my old place, so I just had mail delivered at work, and kept it up when I moved.

The mail people at my work at just two admins (small office 50 people) and they know I get a ton of stuff so they're surprised I haven't gotten anything lately either.

That makes sense. When I worked for the DOH in Albany, I would never trust the mail crew.. it was just a bunch of scrubs in a mailroom that didn't care. Then the mail delivery was another low-paid, couldn't care less guy who walked around with a wheeled basket with everything piled in. From that experience, I wouldn't trust office mail, but I suppose if it's a better option, you have to.

I get all my packages shipped to my office, for the same reason (sans the petty theft).

That makes sense. When I worked for the DOH in Albany, I would never trust the mail crew.. it was just a bunch of scrubs in a mailroom that didn't care. Then the mail delivery was another low-paid, couldn't care less guy who walked around with a wheeled basket with everything piled in. From that experience, I wouldn't trust office mail, but I suppose if it's a better option, you have to.

I'm curious. What did you do at DOH?

i really think it's up to the seller to satisfy the buyer when an item never makes it to its intended address. i mean, they have your money...there's no doubt you fulfilled your part of the deal. now it's their turn.

unfortunately, offering to sell you the same item that you never received sounds not only sketchy, but it's also a pretty dickheaded move.

your only response to that email should have been "fuck you", and then an immediate paypal dispute

i really think it's up to the seller to satisfy the buyer when an item never makes it to its intended address. i mean, they have your money...there's no doubt you fulfilled your part of the deal. now it's their turn.

I agree that offering to resell the item is shitty, but I disagree with the statement quoted.

If the seller acted reasonably and in good faith, then their responsibility ended when the package was taken by the carrier. If the seller was supposed to have offered any sort of protection on the package - insurance, whatever - and failed to do so, then I'd agree that they are at fault.

I realize a lot of distros and catalog companies will hook you up if your package is lost, but the only reason they are responsible for doing so is a genuine desire to keep customers and not have a shitty reputation.

I don't think it's that unbelievable that the guy has another copy of the same record. If I shipped a record and it never arrived, I'd feel bad and want to help if I could. If he has solid feedback, it seems unlikely he's scamming you. Technically, you can't prove you didn't receive it so how does that make him any different than you? And with multiple packages missing, I think I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Just my two cents. But keep an eye on his feedback in case multiple people have the same problem.

I'm curious. What did you do at DOH?

I did a lot of research for the Office of Health Insurance Programs to help in their soon-to-be-coming change in how they reimburse doctors and pay out crap for Medicare/Medicaid, because NYS has a huge program and spends even more compared to some other states.

I was the seller on this one. I bought two from chunksaah a month or two ago, figuring I could sell one and cover the cost of both. I sent it via media mail, as I said I would in the auction. I emailed Dante the receipt that shows the date I shipped it and the address it was sent to in California. I don't know what more I could do to prove that I held up my part, so if paypal takes the money back that is total shit. I shipped several other things that day (including my black gaslight...sigh) and no one else has contacted me saying they didn't receive theirs, but only one has left feedback.

I did contact Dante offering to sell the second one. I genuinely felt bad about it and figured we could come to a compromise. In retrospect, I see how it could have raised suspicion, but I don't rip off anyone. I've traded with several people on here who could vouch that I am a legit dude.

Dante, if he did that, and it hasn't said anything since then, that shit happens. I've had several things that i've sent via media mail with tracking #s and the Post office doesnt always track them, until they reach their destination... i remember sending a WONDER YEARS dvd to someone and it said that i made a paypal receipt, but it never said it was accepted,

2 weeks later the guy i sold it too was bitching about how i never sent it...and WHAM, that day it arrived. I never heard a response back from him, but it did arrive at it's location. So sometimes the USPS doesnt continuously track shipments until they are delivered (as fucked up as that is) so give it some time...

Yeah, like I didn't opt for higher shipping so in the end it's my bad. It did strike me as odd that he offered to sell the other one but I'm just suspicious dude.

I just had an instance recently where I had to haggle it out with a seller who swore he sent it and upon looking for proof he sent it found the LP and mailed it out the next day. So I'm a little edgy.

However, the main thing is a ton of stuff has just stopped arriving at my work mail. I'd be majorly bummed if I had to rent a PO box for mail or just trust that a certain amount of my shit might go missing.

Shit just showed up today (oh sweet irony) and was (sure enough) postmarked February 16. I also got an order from Rivalry post marked the same day as my other Rivalry order. Just to clarify, both were placed and mailed at the same time and one showed up two weeks later, and I work about an hour from Rivalry's HQ.

I asked the mail guy what happened and he was like, "Must have been a snag". It's good to know that in my work (where time matters) mail can be a month late because it "hit a snag".

Sorry to the dude who sold me the record.