Blink 182 Self Titled & EOTS MTS REPRESSES

i feel like i'm talking to myself.

i'd send SRC an email asking clarification on the barcode stickers you mentioned, but last time i did that in regards to something, Danny got snarky with me, then stopped responding to me all together.

Allison lets hear why you care!

why i care about what?

you said something about putting a barcode on the center label of the record. i was just wondering if you meant a QR code, and why you'd put it on the actual record itself.

i just placed an order with you guys a couple days ago and wondered if it's now going to be standard practice.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allison lets hear why you care!

why i care about what?

you said something about putting a barcode on the center label of the record. i was just wondering if you meant a QR code, and why you'd put it on the actual record itself.

i just placed an order with you guys a couple days ago and wondered if it's now going to be standard practice.

I think their intent with this is to help people differentiate this press from the 1st press blue because people want them to be different

why i care about what?

I think their intent with this is to help people differentiate this press from the 1st press blue because people want them to be different

if that's the case, that's one of the dumber things i've heard recently.

Thats what they did, its like a page or 2 back. These came back looking just like the first press so they did a minor change to differentiate between pressings since anyone could just hand number their own jacket.

Thats what they did, its like a page or 2 back. These came back looking just like the first press so they did a minor change to differentiate between pressings since anyone could just hand number their own jacket.

you think travis knows that he's one of the only people who always makes sense on this board?

Just toplay devil's advocate a bit more(cue the simpsons youtube clip), why is it i get a strong feeling of people buying this record for the colour, and not the music that is on it? The weird thing is, i've seen a lot of blue latex gloves(i'm a chef), and they are actually clear. Some are darker than others though.

It's not like this is an exclusive first press, hand numbered in the band members blood, limited to when they each passed out. It's a 3rd pressing.

I can understand getting upset at the lack of communication. That is fine, but email them, get it sorted out and you'll most likely get a little sorry package with your record. A couple of stickers, a patch a button who knows. But, honestly. Complaining about the shade of blue it's pressed on...

I think it's been covered pretty well over the past few pages. We're all collectors, so variants, colors and pressing numbers matter to some of us. I already owned this record, so I bought a second copy for the rarity alone, I'm a collector, why wouldn't I? Would I want to own a second copy that may as well be even less rare than the current copy I own, probably not, unless I was collecting for a collection. But I just like owning a rarer copy if I can and it's within my budget.

So, knowing this has been handled, I have no issues. I bought this to own a lower pressed variant, not to own an easily bootlegged variant, pretty simple. I think there is a number of people on this board who will buy a record based on the same reasoning...

The color of this release is initially what drew me in to buying it. I think blue and white swirl looks awesome! (Check out the +44 release) I also ordered it because I got shafted on my first EOTS order, they ran out of the initial color I wanted and I had to go with a different color. So as far as the color goes, I'm bummed, shit happens though, that isn't the fault of SRC. I started a shit storm a few pages back because of the lack of communication on their end. At this point I'm over it, and looking forward to getting the album in the mail. My double edged sword here is that SRC and MTS hold dominion over releasing a lot of my favorite albums and I have no choice as a collector and music lover to order from them. I'm 100% sure the Yellowcard release will get fucked up they'll probably end up getting tape cassettes rather than records this time and you know MTS release of TOYPAJ wont ship until December. So I guess until either a super popular pre-order goes off with out a hitch for me or someone opens up a new label that gets everything correct, I'm stuck. What I don't understand is how does Hot Topic and band websites that do vinyl get their shit in on time? Does it come down to who has the most money? Is it the indie curse? As far as I can remember (and I've only been collecting now for about 3 years) I have never had a problem with a HT order or a pre-order from a band off their website.

Just toplay devil's advocate a bit more(cue the simpsons youtube clip), why is it i get a strong feeling of people buying this record for the colour, and not the music that is on it? The weird thing is, i've seen a lot of blue latex gloves(i'm a chef), and they are actually clear. Some are darker than others though.

It's not like this is an exclusive first press, hand numbered in the band members blood, limited to when they each passed out. It's a 3rd pressing.

I can understand getting upset at the lack of communication. That is fine, but email them, get it sorted out and you'll most likely get a little sorry package with your record. A couple of stickers, a patch a button who knows. But, honestly. Complaining about the shade of blue it's pressed on...

I can see what you're saying, but the idea here was to match the latex gloves on the cover. I just thought it would be a cool color. I'm not a big blink collector or anything but I bought one. Not freaking out anyway. Someone will want it, or I'll swap it with someone for a "nude"/peach version.

My double edged sword here is that MTS hold dominion over releasing a lot of my favorite albums and I have no choice as a collector and music lover to order from them and you know MTS release of TOYPAJ wont ship until December.

I think the problem here is that they do their pre-orders so far ahead. Most bands don't do their pre-order until the record is on the way from the plant. Seems like MTS does it as soon as they get the idea.

The color of this release is initially what drew me in to buying it. I think blue and white swirl looks awesome! (Check out the +44 release) I also ordered it because I got shafted on my first EOTS order, they ran out of the initial color I wanted and I had to go with a different color. So as far as the color goes, I'm bummed, shit happens though, that isn't the fault of SRC. I started a shit storm a few pages back because of the lack of communication on their end. At this point I'm over it, and looking forward to getting the album in the mail. My double edged sword here is that SRC and MTS hold dominion over releasing a lot of my favorite albums and I have no choice as a collector and music lover to order from them. I'm 100% sure the Yellowcard release will get fucked up they'll probably end up getting tape cassettes rather than records this time and you know MTS release of TOYPAJ wont ship until December. So I guess until either a super popular pre-order goes off with out a hitch for me or someone opens up a new label that gets everything correct, I'm stuck. What I don't understand is how does Hot Topic and band websites that do vinyl get their shit in on time? Does it come down to who has the most money? Is it the indie curse? As far as I can remember (and I've only been collecting now for about 3 years) I have never had a problem with a HT order or a pre-order from a band off their website.

As someone from the outside looking in with regards to hot topic, it seems they don't really do pre-orders until they have shipping dates from the plant. Not just expected shipping. That is a good thing.

But don't get confused by labels, distros, retail stores. The distros(like SRC and to an extent HT), have little, to nothing to do with the pressing itself. They simply agree to take 'X' amount, and are told by the labels they'll be in your hands on this day. It's then up to the distros to announce the day(stupid idea in my opinion) right away. Or hold off on announcing the exact date, until it's been locked in(smart way).

What it seems to boil down to, is greedy labels. Everyone knows that there sometimes are delays in pressings plants, some more than others. But if the labels would just be realistic about the dates of release, instead of announcing absolute, best case scenario release dates. We'd all be a lot less frustrated.

Corrected directed anger, is great. It let's companies know what you think, but misdirected anger just makes people see you as a whinger :)

It's beer time for me, have a good night, day, arvo everyone

At the end of the day, everyone should know by now that if you don't want to do a pre-order months in advance, then don't. By now I know that if I don't want to miss out on a record, doing these asinine preorders are part of the game and bitching about delays isn't going to change that. It's your money, you know what you bought into, end of story...

As someone from the outside looking in with regards to hot topic, it seems they don't really do pre-orders until they have shipping dates from the plant. Not just expected shipping. That is a good thing.

hot topic doesn't do pre-orders at all...

What might ya call this??

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/WhatsNew/Music/The-Devil-Wears-Prada--Dead-Throne-Vinyl-LP-PreOrder-312381.jsp

8-)