Blink 182 Self Titled & EOTS MTS REPRESSES

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted this on another thread, but want to post it here as well:

I re-listened to the "Self-titled" b-side last Thursday (Sept 1st), after seeing 2-3 people bring this issue up. In all honesty, the b-side (and the entire record) sounded great to me. I'm not trying to play off any sort of damage, that is just my honest opinion of how it sounded. The re-pressing was made from the exact same plates as the first pressing, and nobody has had an issue outside of 2-3 people.

Where as we would typically replace the record in this situation, we literally have 3 LPs left which have been put aside for the band themselves. If you can e-mail me ([email protected]), I will work out some sort of store credit for you, to help the situation. I appreciate your understanding and support.

To further update everyone since yesterday - I've reached out to Universal Music with a video of the issue (submitted by someone who e-mailed me about the problem), and they are asking me to send in the defective copies.

If you are having an issue with your LP - can you please send me an e-mail ([email protected]) so that I can send your LP into the pressing plant to sort out the issue?

I re-listened to the "Self-titled" b-side last Thursday (Sept 1st), after seeing 2-3 people bring this issue up. In all honesty, the b-side (and the entire record) sounded great to me. I'm not trying to play off any sort of damage, that is just my honest opinion of how it sounded. The re-pressing was made from the exact same plates as the first pressing, and nobody has had an issue outside of 2-3 people.

Where as we would typically replace the record in this situation, we literally have 3 LPs left which have been put aside for the band themselves. If you can e-mail me ([email protected]), I will work out some sort of store credit for you, to help the situation. I appreciate your understanding and support.

To further update everyone since yesterday - I've reached out to Universal Music with a video of the issue (submitted by someone who e-mailed me about the problem), and they are asking me to send in the defective copies.

If you are having an issue with your LP - can you please send me an e-mail ([email protected]) so that I can send your LP into the pressing plant to sort out the issue?

What is going to happen after it gets to the pressing plant? Will the people that sent in their bad copies ever get new ones?

email sent

What is going to happen after it gets to the pressing plant? Will the people that sent in their bad copies ever get new ones?

Yeah right....on a new color and limited to 10 copies

Mine finally arrived today, got 14/182. There were meant to be 2 in my package but they only gave me 1 so I have to contact them now.

That's cause he had to make sure Brett got his 5.

Lol.

It's extra annoying cos I was getting it for another Aussie who missed out due to being asleep so now it's his loss at the moment.

If anyone from SRC sees this can you please get back to me as quickly as possible, I don't want this to just get ignored or anything.

i sent them a message got this "We have spoken with the pressing plant, and will be sending all of the records with an issue back to be inspected and identify the problem. There is a possibility we will be able to replace your record, but that is not 100% yet." told them i wouldn't send it back until i was 100% assured i'd get a copy back

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to update my webpage so if anyone has either of the Enema of the State (Nude Peach/Latex Blue /182) and you are willing for me to post the limited edition number including your name/location I can add it to the limited edition pages.

http://www.blink-182collection​.com/limitededition

Thanks!

I'd like to update my webpage so if anyone has either of the Enema of the State (Nude Peach/Latex Blue /182) and you are willing for me to post the limited edition number including your name/location I can add it to the limited edition pages.

http://www.blink-182collection​.com/limitededition

Thanks!

Mine was unnumbered fwiw.

not every record will sound the same, even from the same pressing. their are anomalies that can occur during the pressing process. I have a sensitive set up and sometimes do listening tests if I have 2 of the same record and want to sell one (a variant). Sometimes they sound as if from different masters, especially represses tend to sound weaker.

^ Still waiting for mine, they made a request for extra postage as their checkout messed up. Sent it out a month ago and still nothing, no reply to my emails. Sweet!

be sure to keep us (or just me) updated on that because if there's a way to fix it i want to...i don't have the balls to put it on ebay and then buy another copy with that money

• 2 weeks later...