Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they just purposely kept alot of the original press aside, because they know that Brand New fans pay alot for the records? I mean that's what I would do if I had the license. If I knew there were 1000 super fans, I probably would not sell any outside of ebay

This was before brand new fans were brand new fans

This is messed up, how can you sell a record for 10 times the price? I mean profit for them, but if they are normal, understanding people they wouldn't do this. Why don't they just repress it officially so everyone can buy it? A 2000 press makes a lot of money too.

Also, Someone should tell Jesse from Brand New about this.

This is messed up, how can you sell a record for 10 times the price? I mean profit for them, but if they are normal, understanding people they wouldn't do this. Why don't they just repress it officially so everyone can buy it? A 2000 press makes a lot of money too.

a lot of things i'd like to respond to, but i'll just say that jesse lacey does not care about you or me. he cares about his dollar bills. y'all.

Normally there are price agreements with licensing as well. If no stipulation exists in the agreement than the market dictates the price, and that works off of supply and demand. There is nothing wrong with what is going on as long as he's allowed to. Instead of bitching, do a repress! I'm sure someone could do a kickstarter for this that would be of the charts!

* I do not agree with what the douche is doing. Maybe if he found 5 copies, but to basically retail these for 150 is balls.

a lot of things i'd like to respond to, but i'll just say that jesse lacey does not care about you or me. he cares about his dollar bills. y'all.

Well good that you know him personally, it was just a thought, most artist care about fans so I figured it was the same with Jesse.

Well good that you know him personally, it was just a thought, most artist care about fans so I figured it was the same with Jesse.

jesse lacey literally pocketed every single dollar sent to him by his fans for a copy of the lyrics sheet for the devil and god. this is a well known fact. you do not have to know him to know that.

Yeah everything I have ever heard or read about him has screamed complete dick. He has swindled people any chance he gets since he has this attitude like he is a god.

And whoever suggested pressing this good luck getting the licensing for the album or even the backing from the band to do it. I think it would be a legal cluster to try and obtain the rights to press this.

And last note (I do not know the history or keep up with it so correct me if I am wrong [don't have to ask, people will regardless]), but I agree I do not think iodine would have withheld copies. If this was pressed around the same time the album came out in 01 then I do not think they would have any idea but a wild guess to hold the albums. I mean at that time I do not think they could have ever guessed where they band would have made it to or how much these were worth.

I have no problem people paying however much they want for any record, it is your money that you earned. Although I agree with others that it is really shitty if they are repressing (at a plant that is keeping it hush hush) and selling to unknowing customers.

edit:grammmmar cause it's lunch and i wanted a break from work.

So much fuss over a band's worst record. They probably did actually find a box, or get distributor returns, or something. It happens. If there really are doubts, someone who owns one of the recently sold copies should just compare the jackets, runout etchings, etc. with an original press copy.

Let me ask this, though: regardless of how you got them, if you found yourself in possession of a ton of copies of a record that went for big money, what would you do? I know I'd sell them around market price and make bank, you'd be a fool not to. Remember that if Iodine did put these up for $12, all those copies would just go right onto eBay anyway.