Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is messed up, how can you sell a record for 10 times the price? I mean profit for them, but if they are normal, understanding people they wouldn't do this. Why don't they just repress it officially so everyone can buy it? A 2000 press makes a lot of money too.

Also, Someone should tell Jesse from Brand New about this.

You Europeans obviously have no clue how things work in the US. It's all about the money, and who you can fuck over to get the money.

ah, it's turned into another one of those ranking threads.

i just find it really hard to believe that such a small label actually has the storage capacity to lose several hundred records. they either secretly repressed a small run, or put them in the closet for a rainy day once they saw that the band was gaining notoriety. regardless of what they have sold for second hand, it's still fucked up of the label to price gouge like that. the biggest reason they sell so much to begin with is scarcity, and harboring mass amounts of product in the back of the closet is partially to blame.

As a person who owns every single thing BN has ever put out besides YFW. I refuse to pay this much money just for the principle of the matter. Iodine is fucked up, we can all agree on that. I'm still holding out hope for a legit repress. It may never happen, and I may never own this record, but such is life I guess. :(

Id love to own this record but not for $150 bucks. I dont think I could ever pay that much for 1 record.

Im sure Deja and YFW represses will happen at some point. Hopefully the band gives the Ok sooner than later.

This. Maybe I just want it bad, but the label can do what it wants.

I still think it's a bit crooked, but whaddaya do about it.

As for finding these records in a closet or whatever, I believe it could happen. I was working at a bigger indie around the time this record was released & no one bought LPs. There was only 1 record we ever sold out of in the many, many years I worked there. The rest of the LPs were sitting in a storage unit that would go into collections every so often. For all I know the guys from Storage Wars have a bunch of vinyl that currently sells for $100+, a piano, drums, & a bunch of rare merch. Who knows what else was in there. No one cared about this stuff from 2000-2008.