eBay Q: Possible Shafting In Progress

i would like to point out that if you actually believe the estimated shipping times on ebays part, you're a fool. Most people can't go to the post office everyday so people like me usually only can do it once or twice a week. Plus once its in the mail you have no control over how fast it gets there and i think thats a significant problem with ebays rating system. I sold a dude a record that lived in california and the record got sent all the way out there, then came all the way back to this coast into jersey and then went all the way back out there all within like a week and a half. I do make sure everything has delivery confirmation on it though, its saved me a few times.

I'm in no way stating this directly at the OP just in general. I sold a record to a dude in chile who expected it to be there within the estimated dates listed for US shipping and then he opened up a claim until his record arrived. Stuff like that just annoys me especially when i have 100% feedback with plenty of feedback comments to go along with it. I think not enough people use common sense when buying/selling stuff on ebay.

ebay should set it up that it automatically hits your paypal account/credit card for the purchase the second the auction closes... it would stop sooooo much bullshit

It's pretty simple, I agree.

Don't bid or buy stuff if you can't pay for it that day. Also, don't sell anything if it ends when your schedule doesn't permit you to ship. Common sense doesn't exist on eBay. What is with taking away a seller's right to leave Neutral Feedback? Taking away Negative was bad enough but they just neutered an already impotent critter.

Even sent me pics of the item after he won the paypal dispute. Stole $100 from me.

You should have flown over to him, beat the piss out of him, taken an ample amount of photos, flown back home, and then sent him a photo album of you stealing his dignity from him, AND possibly publish the pictures into a childrens(esque) book.

Even sent me pics of the item after he won the paypal dispute. Stole $100 from me.

You should have flown over to him, beat the piss out of him, taken an ample amount of photos, flown back home, and then sent him a photo album of you stealing his dignity from him, AND possibly publish the pictures into a childrens(esque) book.

Not worth it to me. I kinda feel bad for him, for what he has to answer for.

ebay should set it up that it automatically hits your paypal account/credit card for the purchase the second the auction closes... it would stop sooooo much bullshit

I'm really against this for two reasons.

One, you could be pining for another of the seller's items that ends on a later date, so naturally you would wish to combine shipping.

Two, many sellers aren't sure what shipping costs to different countries. Some need to go weigh the package.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markovianprocess

I've recently had a bad experience. I gave a buyer a generous 7 days to pay, still no contact at all after 4 days so I sent him a request to cancel the transaction if he wanted to. Thought I was doing him and myself a favour by saying, okay, if you can't pay, fair enough. I'll understand, just say yes to this so we can move on, if you want the item, drop me a message or answer my messages and say so.

He sends me a message full of attitude on the 7th day about how I'm so impatient, and then doesn't pay until the 8th day. He's one day late (and still taking the piss, a whole damn week to pay without any explanation). So I still have no recourse here, because he can leave negative feedback and ruin my account.

eBay sucks, but for sellers, it's a necessary evil.

It's a shame that I'm going to have to start writing, "either pay within 24/48 hours of the auction ending or I will relist the item" just to get people to do this shit properly.

Anyone with a PayPal account can get a free debit card from them... so when the money hits your PayPal account, you can go right to the post office and send it out and pay with your PayPal debit card. That's what I've been doing for a while now, works out great, regardless of the status of my checking account.

i know this is really frustrating to you but i promise you will get your money and i will provide a tracking number that saturday, the 2nd [...] but like i said you will definitely get your item in the first week of july, without a doubt. it's my top priority

So I messaged this guy today - July 2nd - to look into my tracking number, right? And here's the response I get.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

i apologize for not getting back to you yesterday, been kind of crazy and the post office is closed at the moment 6 pm on saturday EST. im in the process of selling some things on craigslist in order to get some $ to send this out to you. i know it's only a few dollars to ship out to you but a few dollars is really hard to come by at the moment. honestly, i'm being truthful with you. if you want to still open a case now or in a few days, that would actually be okay with me. when it does ship, which i am anticipating by the 9th at the latest, i will provide tracking. please let me know if this works for you. like i said the 9th is the latest, i will ship it out ASAP though.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Shipping on day 35 of the 45 time window? No thanks.

Over the past few weeks I've come to terms with the fact that I probably won't own this record anytime soon, as money has become tight for the month of July. $77 replenished back into the bank would be pretty sweet, so I'm not really distraught about the whole debacle.

Oh well.

What was the record? Maybe one of us here has it and would sell it to you.

I appreciate the suggestion and consideration, but I'm looking at some drastic hour cuts at work... and really can't afford to be splurging on any records. Especially rare OOP stuff. It really all works out for the better, since the cash will definitely make loose ends meet, until I can get my bank account padded again.

But to entertain the idea, it was a mint / sealed copy of Jimmy Eat World's Clarity.