Against Me!- White Crosses & Black Crosses

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm on the other side. i thought white crosses was a pretty great rock record. irrespective of any of their previous releases.

i didn't dig black crosses much at all...on the first listen anyway...

black crosses is what is; a bunch of demos/not ready versions of the songs.

glad i didn't put any money on it since I already own a regular version of WC

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this today...nice packaging with a 32 page book as part of the double fold open sleeve. BTW it is attached. I almost tore it thinking it was a seperate book.

I had been listening to the MP3 of black crosses this weekend....Damn I think it is SO much better than White. I can't believe what over polishing and production did to this.

ya, it was pricey. i think i justified it because i figured i'd like the colors and i do, it goes well with the packaging. i didn't already have white crosses (other than picking up the CD on a whim) and i kind of wanted the shirt. i still like the shirt design, but i don't like the cut. i got a girls' small and normally, it's not problem but on this one, the arm holes are weird.

there's been too many other records i passed on initially that ended up going for more than original price later on, too. i'm sure if you're patient, you'll find a good deal though...

nah its really a good price, i just cant justify spending $40+ on just black crosses because thats all i really want. im not too concerned with owning another copy of white crosses.

thats why i keep hoping just black crosses will get pressed for the average of $14-$16ish

The way I look at it, 3 disc for $40(I can't remember if this was the cost and don't wanna login into Gmail), that's about $13 and some change a disc. Not trying to justify the cost by any means, but I don't think it was TOO DEEP of an f-ing.

i had to look it up because i forgot. it was $51.50 ppd. as you said though, for 3LPs, the booklet and shirt, it's not terrible.

everytime i hesitate on something i like because of cost, it sells out and i can't get it again for similar to its original price. (examples: JEW bleed american color and thrice alchemy index). against me! could be different though since their releases tend to float around a lot...

Got my copy from Total Treble today. I'm stoked to listen to it but I'm bummed that other than on the back cover where the tracks are listed it doesn't say Black Crosses anywhere. Both the cover and spine just say White Crosses and I was hoping for new cover art...

I do like the colors they used being the same as the presses for White Crosses and the booklet with the centerfold are nice.