Against Me!- White Crosses & Black Crosses

Wow what a shock. An anarchist band who believed only in $5 dollar shows signs to a major label years later and re-releases all their album demos for $30 a pop. Sounds like a band with strong convictions...

I think you'll find they were teenage anarchists.

When you're 30 shit changes. Gotta eat, pay rent, support family. Ideals don't put food on the table or start off record companies the same way releasing music does.

Not saying you're not allowed to make money off your music. Can't sell out if you never bought in though. They even made a DVD bout it. I'm not an anarchist but radical politics are not meant to be trendy. Plus their music sucks now anyway.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ughh i ordered this at like 530est and havent gotten a confirmation email from them...but i got a paypal confirmation hmmm

I never quote confirmation email from Total Treble when I order from them. Only the Paypal confirmation.

Got a response from total treble that basically said the paypal conf is the only conf email. I couldve sworn ive gotten total treble conf emails in the past .whatevs

Thanx

I guess this goes to show just exactly what this album is doing to AM! sales to not even sell 250 color copies in a day. With White Crosses and all these recycled demo versions of albums....some good "new'" material will be nice....and I guess that will be the real test in what direction they are gonna go....if they keep going this white crosses direction I think they will lose most of their current fan base....if not already...

Pretty stoked for these, seeing as it'll be the first time they have gotten released.

Strip Mall Parking Lots (full band hopefully? the acoustic version ruled)

Hot Shots

Soul Surrender

David Johansen's Soul

Ordered a copy. I'll probably pick up black later on when I have more "blow lots of money on AM stuff I dont technically need but still really want" cash laying around.

Also, I am pretty interested to see how the artwork will change.

I guess this goes to show just exactly what this album is doing to AM! sales to not even sell 250 color copies in a day. With White Crosses and all these recycled demo versions of albums....some good "new'" material will be nice....and I guess that will be the real test in what direction they are gonna go....if they keep going this white crosses direction I think they will lose most of their current fan base....if not already...

[image]