MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

That is fucking sad man...

[image]

Sad that I haven't seen a Star Wars? Ugh right, some people don't like sci-fi or any of that type of stuff and I'm one of those people.

I refuse to watch any of the Harry Potters, Lord of the Rings, Twilights, Hunger Games....any of that over-hyped media-frenzies bullshit....I've seen the old Star Wars movies (the middle trilogy)....none of the newer ones....and probably won't see them either

Sad that I haven't seen a Star Wars? Ugh right, some people don't like sci-fi or any of that type of stuff and I'm one of those people.

I refuse to watch any of the Harry Potters, Lord of the Rings, Twilights, Hunger Games....any of that over-hyped media-frenzies bullshit....I've seen the old Star Wars movies (the middle trilogy)....none of the newer ones....and probably won't see them either

so basically you're admitting that you don't read good books either? besides twilight the other franchises are best selling and critically acclaimed books

so basically you're admitting that you don't read good books either? besides twilight the other franchises are best selling and critically acclaimed books

Let's face it though: Hunger Games is totally an over-hyped version of BATTLE ROYALE.

I'm admitting I don't read books altogether....in the past 10 years (texts-books aside) I've read 2 books....I have no shame what-so-ever, I don't enjoy reading, I read magazine/zines, plenty of online articles.....let's go ahead and make the obligatory "People In The South Can't Read" jokes here. I assure you I can read quite well, I just don't enjoy it, I also don't enjoy over-hyped bullshit...especially ones where the person on the other end of the media-frenzy makes an insane amount of money off of it. I spend what little money I have supporting music....because Music is what I love....not-so-much books and reading.

Everybody go enjoy your books, enjoy your movies, just leave me the fuck out of it.

and for fucks sake, MORE SHAQ

edit: and before anybody makes some sort of asinine comment about how important books are....I know. I'm well aware that books are quite important and that I'm certainly in the minority here. I'm also aware that illiteracy isn't a joke, and reading is important. All I'm saying is, I don't enjoy reading books....no hidden message, no hidden agenda, no bullshit conclusions to be reached by this.

That is fucking moronic dude. How do you know if something is over-hyped if you haven't even seen it? lol You can only tell if it is over-hyped if you know how much hype it truly deserves. And you can't really know that without seeing them. So fuck right off with your hipster bullshit. The only one of those series that was over-hyped was Twilight.

:Edit:

Barely anything. All he said they can do is send him an email notifying him he hasn't refunded me or sent out the product. He also said best best is to just file a claim through IC3 because at this point there's not enough people who've contacted paypal. I expected this, but it was worth a shot!

You got more info then I did, they just said they will flag and wait and see, when I called.

I'm admitting I don't read books altogether....in the past 10 years (texts-books aside) I've read 2 books....I have no shame what-so-ever, I don't enjoy reading, I read magazine/zines, plenty of online articles.....let's go ahead and make the obligatory "People In The South Can't Read" jokes here. I assure you I can read quite well, I just don't enjoy it, I also don't enjoy over-hyped bullshit...especially ones where the person on the other end of the media-frenzy makes an insane amount of money off of it. I spend what little money I have supporting music....because Music is what I love....not-so-much books and reading.

Everybody go enjoy your books, enjoy your movies, just leave me the fuck out of it.

edit: and before anybody makes some sort of asinine comment about how important books are....I know. I'm well aware that books are quite important and that I'm certainly in the minority here. I'm also aware that illiteracy isn't a joke, and reading is important. All I'm saying is, I don't enjoy reading books....no hidden message, no hidden agenda, no bullshit conclusions to be reached by this.

lololol people in the south can't read

[image]

Is it that hard for people to understand that some just aren't into that stuff? I have never seen a Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc etc.

Doesn't mean I haven't read plenty of good books. There's a pretty fucking vast amount of reading material outside of Potter and LOTR books.

FYI: NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs has already gotten back in touch with me about pursuing my claims. I have no idea if they can help me recoup my funds but they will certainly be looking hard at this guy. I can't wait to show them all my unanswered messages as well as his on-line postings promising refunds upon request.

Now, should I include info on his new tattoos?

That is fucking moronic dude. How do you know if something is over-hyped if you haven't even seen it? lol You can only tell if it is over-hyped if you know how much hype it truly deserves. And you can't really know that without seeing them. So fuck right off with your hipster bullshit. The only one of those series that was over-hyped was Twilight.

wow, first person to ever call me a hipster, that hurts more than anything.

i have absolutely no regrets about not reading or seeing any of those franchised books/movies. i can certainly guarantee none of the shit would live up the insane hype (to me) that surrounds any of it....all of this shit is subjective....do keep that in mind. sci-fi doesn't really do it for me, so I'm fairly positive that none of that would do a damn thing for me either

if you enjoy donating your money to see these movie-makers and actors enjoy insane luxuries....by all means, spend your money wherever you please. My money will not fall into their greedy hands.

i have absolutely no regrets about not reading or seeing any of those franchised books/movies. i can certainly guarantee none of the shit would live up the insane hype (to me) that surrounds any of it....all of this shit is subjective....do keep that in mind. sci-fi doesn't really do it for me, so I'm fairly positive that none of that would do a damn thing for me either

if you enjoy donating your money to see these movie-makers and actors enjoy insane luxuries....by all means, spend your money wherever you please. My money will not fall into their greedy hands.

1. I can understand you not being into Si-Fi, but don't buy into the hype and judge the movie for what it is rather than comparing it to what other people see it to be

2. When did I ever say I pay for all those movies? :P I have for some that I find exceptionally awesome. But not all of them by any means. Mainly LOTR.

lololol people in the south can't read

[image]

most relevant Shaq pic ever?

Did you see The Muppets?

1. Then don't buy into the hype and judge the movie for what it is rather than comparing it to what other people see it to be

2. When did I ever say I pay for all those movies? :P I have for some that I find exceptionally awesome. But not all of them by any means. Mainly LOTR.

and again, enjoy whatever the hell it is that you enjoy about it.

I don't dig Sci-Fi, I can't stand the media...especially when they consider these books and movies equally as relevant as the Bible, Koran, or Torah (or insert any religious text/reference here).

I'm baffled that every time one one of these insane block-busters comes out that (what seems like 75% of) Americans rush out and aimlessly throw their money away at it. It makes as much since to me as people who legitimately enjoy Nickleback...just baffles me.

and all of these franchises have legions of drones (not unlike yourself) that will violently defend these to their deaths as the best thing that the world as a whole has ever created.

That is fucking sad man...

[image]

most overused picture on the Internet

Is it supposed to be ironic that you say this with a Swanson avatar, or are you just that niave about overused stuff on the internet?

Birdwell, what about the bands and producers, engineers, label heads that get your money? Surely they are just as greedy and live a life of wealth and luxury as movie stars. Have you not purchased an album from a major label?

Did you see The Muppets?

Negative. I spend my money on music. Usually live music and records.

I literally make it to the movies maybe once every couple of years....usually being dragged kicking and screaming by my girlfriend or a large group of people that I'm hanging out with. That said, the last movie I saw in the theaters was "Inception"....yeah, Sci-Fi, I thought it was alright, certainly not ground-breaking or deeply moving or whatever....really don't feel it deserved the insane amount of hype and attention it received.

most overused picture on the Internet

Is it supposed to be ironic that you say this with a Swanson avatar, or are you just that niave about overused stuff on the internet?

Birdwell, what about the bands and producers, engineers, label heads that get your money? Surely they are just as greedy and live a life of wealth and luxury as movie stars. Have you not purchased an album from a major label?

actually, Major label stuff.....Lucero might be it? I'm a digital pirate, and MOST of the music I purchase, I purchase at shows from the bands. If I order online, I try and order directly from labels or from smaller distros......and alot of second-hand/used stuff as well. I'm not saying every single thing I order and listen to comes directly from the bands, I've ordered from Interpunk, I used to order from VC when Virgil ran it. Also, as dirty as the "Music Industry" is....I enjoy music faaaar more than movies and books, so if my money is going towards any execs' luxuries, I'd rather it be somebody in the Music Industry.

edit: Producers and Engineers......aside from a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny fractions of them.....they don't really make much money at all...I've wanted to be an engineer for a little over 10 years now, hardly anybody doing Production/Engineering for the Music Industry makes a "Decent" living doing it....so I'm happy to help them continue producing/engineering "Music To My Ears" (yeah, I just did that)

1. Then don't buy into the hype and judge the movie for what it is rather than comparing it to what other people see it to be

and again, enjoy whatever the hell it is that you enjoy about it.

I don't dig Sci-Fi, I can't stand the media...especially when they consider these books and movies equally as relevant as the Bible, Koran, or Torah (or insert any religious text/reference here).

I'm baffled that every time one one of these insane block-busters comes out that (what seems like 75% of) Americans rush out and aimlessly throw their money away at it. It makes as much since to me as people who legitimately enjoy Nickleback...just baffles me.

and all of these franchises have legions of drones (not unlike yourself) that will violently defend these to their deaths as the best thing that the world as a whole has ever created.

Ok well I am in no way violently defending these movies. I am just a normal fan. I do not consider the books to be bibles. I think that is a generalization of the cult fans. The majority of the fans of those books and movies are normal people who just like them for what they are and nothing more. I like to throw my money at the corporate pigs if I really feel like seeing it on the big screen. Other than that I am a digital pirate like you.

I just think you give the people seeing these movies far too little credit. I doubt they do it aimlessly. Let's reserve that for Adam Sandler fans who aimlessly go to see all the utter trash that he has been throwing at people over the past decade.