MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

I don't really care either way, I know we'll get them, yadda yadda yadda. Just don't say you're going to do something and then don't. He posts release dates and doesn't meet them, tells people to email him and doesn't reply, says he'll give updates and doesn't.

I don't think it's too much to ask to meet the expectations you're putting on yourself.

Just don't say you're going to do something and then don't. He posts release dates and doesn't meet them, tells people to email him and doesn't reply, says he'll give updates and doesn't.

I don't think it's too much to ask to meet the expectations you're putting on yourself.

Especially when the Facebook page is littered with news, including new band signings.

I'd rather have an email that said, "hey, we're still behind, records are delayed at the plant, new update next week" than, we're gonna send an email out and nothing or, here is the release date, but we're not actually gonna get started on this shit until the release date is here. Oh well, I kinda knew this going in, no sense bitching about it now

you can't deny it's bad customer service and sitting there quiet isn't going to get them to change their ways so all you can do is bitch to them and hope that they eventually get their shit together with dates and customer service

you cant deny this is to be expected with pre-orders. Especially RJ's pre-orders. He has said in every interview i've ever seen that he will take as long as needed to make the product great and that people should just enjoy the end product. Its not a surprise, if you dont like it, STOP ordering from from him when he regularly admits this WILL happen every single time. I understand people want updates and I'm sure he would give them. my guess? He Doesn't have one yet! Just wait it out and if this pisses you off so much, make this your last order and stop bitching about it.

*Not directed at you, just read through the thread and its annoying.

I honestly don't give a fuck if anything changes with the way this guy operates his business.

I realize he gave a timeline for a release date and didn't make that deadline....but this isn't something you desperately need for survival, this isn't anything that has to be there on time before a band goes on tour so they have merch to sell so they can make it to their next show....this is a record that is 10 fucking years old....10 fucking years...it's taking this long because the guy is heavily invested in producing a quality product. I'm not justifying him leaving his customers in the dark, it's a shitty practice....but when it comes down to it, this isn't life or death, you WILL receive the product you ordered, it's not going to kill you to wait a little bit longer. The guy didn't run off with our money...I'm sure his silence is partially due to embarrassment for not meeting his deadline.

i'm not sure why we allow online vinyl distros/labels to operate outside of the concrete, steadfast business principles that the whole world accepts and follows.

i'm all for giving grace at times, but the fact is, RJ is a businessman.

because this is essentially like an old school "Mail-Order"....which I'm sure you've never done....send off money, and someday the product arrives...pre e-mail days you didn't get a letter in the mail to update you every two seconds on what color the manufacturer's bowel movements were that day and so on and so forth.

why can't anybody deal with the fact that something didn't happen on time? why is that so hard to cope with? why is it so hard to understand that it's not that big of a deal, again, it's not life or death...you will receive you're records you ordered, you will receive an update as soon as he has an update to give.

This isn't like a Make A Wish Foundation wish...there's not a child dying of cancer who's last wish is to spin this particular pressing of this record on his turntable before he quietly slips away forever

but what if there WAS a kid whos last wish was that?

if that were the case, this shit would suck....but it's clearly not the case...so I think (though I realize this is an internet message board, and NOBODY here give a god damn what I think) that everybody should just relax a bit, and focus and concentrate on anything else that's actually pertinent...not so much the fact that a guy who's pressing a record is running behind schedule