MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

you would think that with the consistent delays that MTS has with EVERY release they do, you dumbasses would learn to shut the fuck up and let MTS do their thing. it's not like this shit is a new release with songs you've never heard. and it's not like MTS didn't eventually send out their orders.

Then maybe dont put a specific release date on it then and just say we expect to have these in by whatever date but will ship them out as soon as we can.

Also it wouldnt take more than a couple minutes to come on here and give an update every once in a while. Even if its just to say, yea we're still waiting on this piece or whatever.

Buying vinyl for HT is a very small portion of my job but I come on here and give updates on exclusive HT things all the time and thats without me holding anyone's money.

We all know any preorder with MTS will likely take much longer than we're told but an update every once in a while would be nice. Thats all.

Well, this new Senses Fail project is a fucking dedication.

Also I suggest everyone berate their fucking Facebook.

We all know any preorder with MTS will likely take much longer than we're told but an update every once in a while would be nice. Thats all.

exactly. the handling of the most recent Kevin Devine 7"s was obnoxious. he didn't even let him know what was going on with the releases. delays are to be expected, but for crying out loud, just say "hey, theres a plant delay", or "hey, we're waiting on the shipment" or something.

not that i would do any better if i was a label releasing records i guess.

I actually sent out 4-5 e-mails explaining the situation as best I could based on the information that I had available.

Have you received your 7"(s) yet? How is the quality? Are you 100% happy with how they turned out?

Then maybe dont put a specific release date on it then and just say we expect to have these in by whatever date but will ship them out as soon as we can.

Also it wouldnt take more than a couple minutes to come on here and give an update every once in a while. Even if its just to say, yea we're still waiting on this piece or whatever.

Buying vinyl for HT is a very small portion of my job but I come on here and give updates on exclusive HT things all the time and thats without me holding anyone's money.

Well, this new Senses Fail project is a fucking dedication.

Also I suggest everyone berate their fucking Facebook.

Yeah dude, please "berate" our fucking Facebook. That will really help get you somewhere.

Pretty sick of RJ's feeling of entitlement to take as long as he wants. Congrats on putting out blink records with nice packaging. I'd never buy any original material from you.

My sense of entitlement? What the fuck are you talking about?

I work my ass off, running 2 labels and a management company and sometimes get over my head and behind on shit.

At the end of the day, MTS releases quality records that nobody ever has any qualms with. We're not some fucking corporate retailer with unlimited funds that does what we pleases with a legion of people working for us. We are two dudes in a room, trying to release the best music possible. So I'm not sure where your head is at, but to think that I feel entitled to not update people because of the releases we have done is way off the map.

That being said, an update will be send via e-mail to those who have pre-ordered the album, and that's that.

Idc just like to hear an update when they're available!

And you will, today.

When have we ever pre-ordered a record that didn't come out or wasn't as high quality as promised? The answer is never.

it's just annoying that you never hit the release date. no doubt the products are high quality, but it's not good business practice to make excuses for every release being pushed back--i know shit happens, but its frustrating, and you can't tell me that you like having the reputation of never releasing things on time. i think the frustration is amplified that there isn't an open dialogue about stuff. it's not like you don't know a week beforehand that you're not going to get something in time. it takes all of like 5 minutes to make a post or facebook update to inform your buyers that things are going to be delayed. i'm not too bent out of shape about it, but i understand how people would have the right to be. i'm just excited to finally be getting it, since i skipped the HT release for this one.

Not trying to be an ass... Have to pick up my copy today, so i cant speak for myself, the S/T B side sounds like poop?

I was just searching for that thread so I could bring up this issue as well.

I re-listened to the b-side last Thursday (Sept 1st), after seeing 2-3 people bring this issue up. In all honesty, the b-side (and the entire record) sounded great to me. I'm not trying to play off any sort of damage, that is just my honest opinion of how it sounded. The re-pressing was made from the exact same plates as the first pressing, and nobody has had an issue outside of 2-3 people.

Where as we would typically replace the record in this situation, we literally have 3 LPs left which have been put aside for the band themselves. If you can e-mail me ([email protected]), I will work out some sort of store credit for you, to help the situation. I appreciate your understanding and support.

And you will, today.

When have we ever pre-ordered a record that didn't come out or wasn't as high quality as promised? The answer is never.

it's just annoying that you never hit the release date. no doubt the products are high quality, but it's not good business practice to make excuses for every release being pushed back--i know shit happens, but its frustrating, and you can't tell me that you like having the reputation of never releasing things on time. i think the frustration is amplified that there isn't an open dialogue about stuff. it's not like you don't know a week beforehand that you're not going to get something in time. it takes all of like 5 minutes to make a post or facebook update to inform your buyers that things are going to be delayed. i'm not too bent out of shape about it, but i understand how people would have the right to be. i'm just excited to finally be getting it, since i skipped the HT release for this one.

Of course, I understand where you're coming from. And maybe we should just avoid release dates entirely to move beyond this sort of situation in the future.

The fact remains: you will receive your order, and it will be as high quality as possible.

exactly. the handling of the most recent Kevin Devine 7"s was obnoxious. he didn't even let him know what was going on with the releases. delays are to be expected, but for crying out loud, just say "hey, theres a plant delay", or "hey, we're waiting on the shipment" or something.

not that i would do any better if i was a label releasing records i guess.

I actually sent out 4-5 e-mails explaining the situation as best I could based on the information that I had available.

Have you received your 7"(s) yet? How is the quality? Are you 100% happy with how they turned out?

personally i never got any of those emails, so that could be a problem on my end, but it sounds like no one else got any either. i look forward to getting the email later tonight.

and yes, i'm very satisfied with your releases, i was not calling that aspect out at all.

the majority of us here i think just want to be kept in the loop (within reason, of course) in regards to how our preorders are coming along.

personally i never got any of those emails, so that could be a problem on my end, but it sounds like no one else got any either. i look forward to getting the email later tonight.

and yes, i'm very satisfied with your releases, i was not calling that aspect out at all.

the majority of us here i think just want to be kept in the loop (within reason, of course) in regards to how our preorders are coming along.

If for some reason you don't have an e-mail in your inbox by tonight, please e-mail me directly ([email protected]).

Pretty sick of RJ's feeling of entitlement to take as long as he wants. Congrats on putting out blink records with nice packaging. I'd never buy any original material from you.

My sense of entitlement? What the fuck are you talking about?

I work my ass off, running 2 labels and a management company and sometimes get over my head and behind on shit..

if that's the case, than why do you intentionally give yourself more work than you can handle? why put pre-orders up months before anything is ready to be assembled and shipped?