MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

After getting burned on this one (well not burned, but really? In the end waiting 4 months for a record I pre-ordered is too much), the Farewell Continental LP that STILL isn't shipping, and a forum user from the beginning of summer, I'm starting to give up on this whole pre-ordering even a month or 2 in advance. MTS does have awesome releases but come on. Every single thing I've bought from them has been delayed. /firstworldproblems

I have no problem with delays, even if they are frequent, as long as I ultimately receive a quality product that I paid for... But the lack of updates does get tiresome. Clearly there is distress amongst your customers and one would think that a few more updates would help alleviate some of the concern.

Man, I left a pissed off comment last night on their Facebook without noticing they put up those comments about the e-mails "this morning", so I felt bad and took it down.

Now I want to leave one that's even more pissed off.

Haha, don't do that, RJ will send you a passive aggressive message. :)

Man, I left a pissed off comment last night on their Facebook without noticing they put up those comments about the e-mails "this morning", so I felt bad and took it down.

I'd be quite alright with that. I'd just like some form of communication, hahaha.

I think you're giving him too much credit.

good grief the whining in this thread.

I realize you kids are bummed out with his lack of communication...but I would assume silence means he hasn't heard anything back from the pressing plant...and yeah it sucks that he waited until it was the scheduled release time before he really got the ball rolling on the release, but it's not as if it's the first time the kids done this. You know the end result is going to be pretty grand, fucking relax, take a deep breath, and be patient....quit acting like a bunch of ADHD 3 year olds who just got their half eaten king-size snickers taken away from them

Never paid this much for a half eaten Snickers.

and you shouldn't....the difference is you'll get your record(s) in their entirety, it's a real bummer it's taking longer than expected...but that's become the norm of things to expect with vinyl pressing...and especially with this label

Never paid this much for a half eaten Snickers.

and you shouldn't....the difference is you'll get your record(s) in their entirety, it's a real bummer it's taking longer than expected...but that's become the norm of things to expect with vinyl pressing...and especially with this label

So why shouldn't we bitch? He's got updates up every 5 minutes on his Facebook about a new band he signed or some new release he's got going out, but nothing about this. I don't really care if he's done this before or if the product in the end is awesome, every product from labels like this could be the one where they finally flake out, and the complete lack of updates (coupled with updates about updates that don't come) makes me feel like they really haven't got their shit together.

At least if they sent out an e-mail saying 'Hey, the pressing plant was supposed to get back to us today, but they didn't. We'll e-mail you as soon as they do' would let me know that this product still may exist. So far, all I know is that a few days after I was supposed to have it, after prodding from pissed off consumers, they let us know that they just settled on a gatefold.

Oh, phew. All concerns alleviated.

I understand they give out a great product at the end, but I don't like feeling dicked around when I've paid good money. It's not good business, and as long as people don't make a fuss about it, it will continue. I'm not saying boycott the label; shit happens. I am saying we shouldn't let them keep paying customers in the dark.

Just do what I do. Preorder stuff and forget about it until it arrives. When it finally does, think how happy you will be.

pretty much what I do as well

I'm not disagreeing with bear....just saying that the whining is a bit silly...coming across as a giant vag-castle cry-baby pitching a fit because mom and dad had to make a pit-stop to run an errand or two before they could take that poor little baby boy or girl to the ice-cream shop